• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally, They are done!!!

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
I know it has been a while but tonight I finally finished my headlights and installed them.

So, on with the good stuff..

Enjoy

Dsc00190.jpg

Dsc00206.jpg

Dsc00184.jpg

Dsc00197.jpg

Dsc00214.jpg

Dsc00251.jpg

Dsc00213.jpg

Dsc00208.jpg

Dsc00222.jpg

Dsc00209.jpg

I dont think its too expensive to tackle that project yourself. Im just worried how I would get the lights lined up and working properly!

That is on str8 line bro!!!!

Lookin good Nice job!

- amyn

nice work getting them level.

What projector did you go with? What method of keeping the level/aiming did you use?

I have to get off my a$$ and make mine already!

fitment? Those can't be OEM lights with that big of a gap. Other than that, those do really look great

Last edited:
About how much is it to make a pair yourself? I know price will differ depending on what projector you go with, but I dont have the cash to spend over 100 on just lighting. I got lights that work fine for now. Just curious how much this project ran ya.

depends on projectors then the HID system to fit the projectors and your vehicle!

And im sure you already go lights to do it to! If you dont want down time about another 200 bucks to grab a pair of headlights!

Its expensive but well worth it!

- amyn

Thanks everyone for the feedback... I thought that everyone might like them..

nice work getting them level.

What projector did you go with? What method of keeping the level/aiming did you use?

I have to get off my a$$ and make mine already!

I bought some used 5 series projectors along with 5 series HID's... For the aiming I used the factory reflector and cut a hole big enough to house the projector. Set it in and played around with it till I got the line straight.

fitment? Those can't be OEM lights with that big of a gap. Other than that, those do really look great

These are factory headlights but the hood wasn't fully closed and the black rubber trim piece on top isn't on.

About how much is it to make a pair yourself? I know price will differ depending on what projector you go with, but I dont have the cash to spend over 100 on just lighting. I got lights that work fine for now. Just curious how much this project ran ya.

Everything totaled up it cost me around $325 for everything.. Headlights, projectors, HID's and paint etc...

What projectors are those?

BMW 5 Series

Is your sig factual? 328K miles?! :shocked:

The headlights are spectacular!

No, it's not quite up to par yet... I just passed 329k.. I think I'm sitting at 329,250.

yea it was...the rubber trim piece on top of the light is just missing...

And the hood wasn't fully closed.

Dsc00256.jpg

Dsc00255.jpg

Dsc00252.jpg

Well it took probably a couple months... But I didnt work on them non stop. And my funds werent all there at one time. If someone had the money and the parts they could easily be done in a month at the latest.

Back