• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

drag racing

RRT_SVT

CEG'er
Wow, how many times could you guys over over the staging lines, then reverse, and then go right back over them again?:help:

Does that track not have a time board, to show what you run? I just saw the light come on when you finished the 1/8th mile.

Mark

yes is like to be in a country withouth technology the owner of the drag track have all to install the electronic boards and new equipment buth because is a old men he say whe don't need it that make most of us to run in other city

yes is like to be in a country withouth technology the owner of the drag track have all to install the electronic boards and new equipment buth because is a old men he say whe don't need it that make most of us to run in other city

Maybe you could write him a letter.. so that he couldent understand anything your trying to say.. wait.. thats just like this post..

:crazy:

Maybe YOU could try responding in Spanish and see what it feels like to be made fun of for trying?

He uses his brain, not a translator. Can you do the same? If not, STFU.. have a little common courtesy. He deserves as much.

Maybe YOU could try responding in Spanish and see what it feels like to be made fun of for trying?

He uses his brain, not a translator. Can you do the same? If not, STFU.. have a little common courtesy. He deserves as much.

Boooya wtg ray :)

I hate the people in streetfire " SVT's and SHO's and SRT's are slow" ...Idiots.

nice work.
icon14.gif

I hate the people in streetfire " SVT's and SHO's and SRT's are slow" ...Idiots.

nice work.
icon14.gif

Same here, everytime theres a contour in a video they always talk sh*t, it pisses me off.Their usually the ones that A.) don't have a car and talk **** on everyone that put their hard earned money into making what they can afford fast and fun B.) Have mommy and daddy pay for the car and mods or C.) don't knnow crap about cars and put everyone down to make themselves feel better.

Sorry I had to vent it just finally got to me!

Yea, thats how a lot of people are though. I have nothing against cars, just owners. Some people go out and buy an EVO or something and talk a lot like they know everything about everything. They BUY a car that is a great performer from the factory, and have no respect for someone who actually has some "know how" and have Built/Modified/and put tons of time into their car and make it faster themselves. Look at Demon/Warmonger/Many others...They have worked their car which is normally a mid 15 second car. Demon made it to mid 13's NA, and lets not even bring up all the work, time, blood, sweat, etc that has been put into War's old car...

Some people buy performance...other people build it.

I'd rather be a builder...and gain all the knowledge thats to be had by taking under projects.

thanks for see my videos and my svt is a 9 second 1/8 mille car this time i have a lot of misfire and exhaust gasket problem i need to replace the gasket buth i need first to install the headers that i have in my garage for abouth 2 weeks then i need to reprogram my superchip for the 3.0 block, prom maf, headers, intake, and all the mods , in july this year i was in mazatlan mexico in a drag event and i made 14.2 in my gmeter the 1/4 mille at 106 mph in the track ticket i made 14.5 at 102 mph i made few pass and was constant the higuest was 14.8 i know i need a good dyno for see the real hp and torque

i agree with you (what the Posthuman said). however, sometimes i wonder. we spend all this time, money and nerves into building something, and then we still get smoked on the street by the evos and the like. is it really worth it? after all it's just a pile of metal...and we in a way become its slaves.
i know how good it feels when you made it and how it changes the feelings about the car, but...hmm, i dunno?!?! i am just trying to think about both sides of the argument.

nice work rrt!

Last edited:
I dunno, if you've only got $6K into a nice looking SVT, then put in the $10K on top for a good 3L and turbo, tires, various little mods, then you won't be getting beat by evos. I don't ever remember being beat from a roll with my 3L turbo set at about 9psi. At the track it was differen't but the evo's I ran against were only pulling high 13's and low 14's like the M3 I ran. SRT4s pulling mid 14s, Vettes pulling mid and high 13's with a couple pulling low 12's. Lightning pulling high 12's. I know there are those spectacular EVO, WRX, SRT4, CIVIC, STANG, VETTE, etc. out there that can utterly destroy most of the competition, but those are rare. THe magazines make it sound like they are everywhere but they aren't. Of course turbo 3L contours that can run like that are rare too. :cool:

Anyway the point is you can't get into an evo that fast for less than $25K I bet right now.
So $10-$15K for the kind of power I'm talking about is a heck of a lot cheaper and it won't really depreciate much more anyway. Not so with a new evo.
A stock evo is quick but nothing like a 3L turbo on the highway IMO. You only have to look at the area under the dyno curve of both cars and compare to see what I'm talking about. There is a spreadsheet on my website that I took dyno's from Sportcompact car and plotted the points against my 3L in NA form and in two of the different turbo forms. Just look at the broad torque curve in it and the overall power. Even taking into account different dynos and such it is a huge difference and it performs like it too.

Anyway, most people forget that a set of Drag radials at normal tire pressure are still sticky as all hell and can be used daily on the street making powerfull contour even more potent! If you got the money to turbo out a contour you can afford a set of DRs for summer/fall driving once per year. Or deal with the wheelspin.

Back