• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

? about MAF adapt. from SP motorsports

Yeah, so I got my adapter and filter. Why is there such a big difference btwn the adapter flange and the filter flange? It's about a .5 inch difference. Doesn't seem like it's going to be a very tight seal. Am I missing something? :shrug: Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. The RU 3550 would fit better, so why does everyone on here get the 3530?

That's a great question. The ru3530 will perfectly fit the Mirko & KKM adapters, but the BAT is way too small. You *can* get the 3530 to fit.. you just have to crank it down. After a few months, the airfilters rubber flange will shrink (compress) and will be a better fit. Just make sure you're pushing the filter against the adapter while you're tightening the clamp.

So it's just the adapter that I got? I ordered it from SP, but they were out of stock and had BAT send it to me. I'll have to check their websites, but would the SP adapter have been a different size than the one BAT sent me? I'll send it back if so, this is a terrible fit.:blackeye:

Have you disassembled it since then? Mine was on for a few months and when I removed the MAF adapter, the previously rubber gasket had turned to hard plastic... and there was dust in my MAF. I hate gasket maker, but that worked well.

I'd much rather just use an o-ring in my Mirko adapter and not have to worry about it ;)

about 4 or 5 times since then...

Back