• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

? about MAF adapt. from SP motorsports

CLASSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I ordered the maf adapter from sp motorsports on saturday, but I have a question regarding the product. There was an option for just the maf adapter, which is the one that I bought, and an option for maf adapter plus mounting hardwarde/instructions. There was no further discription of this hardware, and so I'm not sure what it included. Does anyone know what is included for that extra $10 or so? I'm curious if I needed this mounting hardware or not, but I don't see any reason why I need more than just the maf adapter and gasket, which I also bought. Thanks.

The gasket that comes with it is crap. It'll dry out within 3 months and start leaking. You're better off using some RTV gasket maker, or teflon, or something.

Ok thanks.:shrug: My questions wasn't about the gasket though. I want to know what the optional hardware is, and will I need it?

Good for you. That doesnt mean someone else viewing the thread isnt wondering about the gasket.

Dont be selfish ;)

Good for you. That doesnt mean someone else viewing the thread isnt wondering about the gasket.

Dont be selfish ;)

Well then they can start their own thread about gaskets. I assumed he was trying to answer my question by replying to it. That is the normal order of operations in a forum, I think. :cool:

Last edited:
I got the one from Bat Inc., and reused my original bolts as the plate was tapped for them, If SP's is like others I have seen you can get nuts and bolts and washers from any hardware store. Other than that there should not be any other hardware needed. Unless it relates to the filter or the relocating of the various air tubes.

Spring for the Mirko...its a piece of art!! And the best designed/largest out there...

I agree (o-ring seal rocks)! My P&P'd BAT/SP adapter will be in the classifieds soon ;-)

I agree with the others about the accessories. You don't need them... just take the adapter to a hardware store and find the appropriately sized bolts. Your heatshield will support the intake, so you won't need the bracket either.

Oh... my comment about the gasket was a warning not to use it, which you had stated you already bought. :rolleyes:

I agree (o-ring seal rocks)! My P&P'd BAT/SP adapter will be in the classifieds soon ;-)

I agree with the others about the accessories. You don't need them... just take the adapter to a hardware store and find the appropriately sized bolts. Your heatshield will support the intake, so you won't need the bracket either.

Oh... my comment about the gasket was a warning not to use it, which you had stated you already bought. :rolleyes:

It's all gravy. I'm not using a heatshield right now, but am confident that the BAT intake pipe will support the maf and filter because it is doing so as we speak with my current setup.

I have the gasket...instaled on my car for 2 years now...still good.

Well then they can start their own thread about gaskets. I assumed he was trying to answer my question by replying to it. That is the normal order of operations in a forum, I think. :cool:

I was just giving you ****. You should know CEG never stays on topic.

I have the gasket...instaled on my car for 2 years now...still good.
Have you disassembled it since then? Mine was on for a few months and when I removed the MAF adapter, the previously rubber gasket had turned to hard plastic... and there was dust in my MAF. I hate gasket maker, but that worked well.

I'd much rather just use an o-ring in my Mirko adapter and not have to worry about it ;)

The intake is clamped on to the MAF. The MAF adapter bolts up to the MAF. The airfilter is clamped on to the MAF adapter.

Back