• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nautilus Performance CAI

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok so who here as bought a Nautlius CAI extension?
Have you noticed anything in throttle response? considering buying one..

i just got my kit, i am in the middle of painting it as i type this. (drying)

Plus its really really cold outside right now. Since i never drive my car during the winter, i am going to make an acception for about 10 mins to see how this intake feels.

i just got my kit, i am in the middle of painting it as i type this. (drying)

Plus its really really cold outside right now. Since i never drive my car during the winter, i am going to make an acception for about 10 mins to see how this intake feels.

Awesome man let me know what you think..Im considering grabbing one..

You will be driving a car you normally don't, in weather you normally aren't used to.... any change may be perceived rather than real.

Not saying it won't make a difference, as I believe it will.. just saying..

I may be getting one but last time I e-mailed Joey he was out of pipes. It will probably happen in the near future. Anything is better than my "hot" air intake.

You will be driving a car you normally don't, in weather you normally aren't used to.... any change may be perceived rather than real.

Not saying it won't make a difference, as I believe it will.. just saying..

This is true,i assumed your thoughts were a given. Since it seems its not, i will road test it before and afterwards.

Subscribing---hoping to hear install stories and feedback.
I believe Joey said he'd be posting dyno results with IATs soon.
Planning on ordering one this spring.
-J

Subscribing---hoping to hear install stories and feedback.
I believe Joey said he'd be posting dyno results with IATs soon.
Planning on ordering one this spring.
-J

He is setting up a date IIRC its the 23rd to dyno a 3L and do a before and after with this CAI..IIRC..
But i wanna hear what the 2.5L SVT guys think about it..Im currently running a BAT pipe and MAF with K&N RU-3530

i honestly didnt notice much of a difference when i put on my custom cougars CAI. although i dont know what i did, but i somehow fixed my CEL upon installation :laugh:

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but will this Cold Air intake pipe fit with the BAT straight pipe between the T/B and MAF or would you have to replace it with the stock accordion tube again? (I believe the old picture on the site showed it with the stock rubber tube and the new one just shows the components)

Thanks

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but will this Cold Air intake pipe fit with the BAT straight pipe between the T/B and MAF or would you have to replace it with the stock accordion tube again? (I believe the old picture on the site showed it with the stock rubber tube and the new one just shows the components)

Thanks

The hose offered has some slack between the maf adapter and tube extension. So it will work with a bat pipe etc. He likes the rubber hose because it keeps intake temps cooler than what the bat pipe can do.

Very true for some reason a black or rubber will stay cooler than a metel intake..Buddy of mine has a black plastic intake on his 5.0GT im like get a polished intake..I asked him why he didnt he said the black will keep it cooler than a metal one will.

The hose offered has some slack between the maf adapter and tube extension. So it will work with a bat pipe etc. He likes the rubber hose because it keeps intake temps cooler than what the bat pipe can do.

IIRC the bat pipe is jet hot coated to help out with that though...

IIRC the bat pipe is jet hot coated to help out with that though...

But it doesn't compare to plastic though. Plastic doesn;t heat up as much as aluminum can. Go out to your car on a hot day and put your hand on the intake hose after running it very hard in hot weather. Now go do it to aluminum. See the difference. Aluminum can absorb more heat than plastic can. In simple terms

Its a very good reason why gm,ford etc switched intake manifolds to plastic over the years. Plus its easier to do plastic injection molding sometimes.:cool:

But it doesn't compare to plastic though. Plastic doesn;t heat up as much as aluminum can. Go out to your car on a hot day and put your hand on the intake hose after running it very hard in hot weather. Now go do it to aluminum. See the difference. Aluminum can absorb more heat than plastic can. In simple terms

Its a very good reason why gm,ford etc switched intake manifolds to plastic over the years. Plus its easier to do plastic injection molding sometimes.:cool:

I know, I understand that different materials have different heat transfer properties. I was just saying that the BAT is probably better than any other aftermarket pipe due to the fact that it at least has a thermal type coating.

Harry
Did you get your CAI on and run the car yet?

nope, its been snowing kinda non stop with 15 degree weather. I did finally get it painted falter putting many coats of primer baking sanding then finally paint black sand paint bake then clear coat. Also you need to cut in 2 different places to get this thing on the car. A hack saw is needed to cut off the bumper trim. Then cut a larger hole inside the fender wheel to fit the tube inside. Its alot harder and more cutting than i thought.

Also my attention is drawn to getting my 3l. Bagged is waiting for me to get one so he can install it.:crazy:

Last edited:
Back