• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crap

iirc a guy on the merkur forums mated a 3L turbo to a T-5 (met him in AL), wonder if merkur stuff might be able to help your project at all?
Merkur goodies arent easily available to me. Think mainstream ~95+. I found his website. Im wondering if I can blow up his pic for a template.

The flywheel would be a major PITA to make a T5 work, but a T5 CAN handle some decent power and they can be beefed up to handle an insane amount of power :ponder: I'll have to e-mail him weekly or daily to get at the very least a "WTF!?" out of him. I want specs!

David Godfrey is his name, and wicked off the wall Ford goodness is his game ;)

Though, Jon, you keep baiting that project...... and I keep finding new ways to talk myself into wanting to do it :ponder:

He is a cool guy, when I was down in Huntsville he had a CSVT and a SHO plus that amazing merkur...
please keep some kind of online journal (or keep posting here) about your progress, this is so cool imho.

I will when I actually start for sure. I'm still tossing around a few ideas, and am still doing as much research and part sourcing at this point.

Like Meester Godfrey, I'm looking at different platforms that might take well to a Duratec.Though, a RWD CSVT with some nice staggerd set of wheels with a healthy single or even a twin turbo would be an ideal car for a toy :ponder:

Im wondering if I can blow up his pic for a template.

That's a good idea, I didn't even think of that. It wouldn't be hard to blow it up to scale.... we do know what the crank's bolt pattern is for sure. The same should work for the adapter plate, we know what's getting mated and we can see how it was mounted up.

This could be very do-able. I'd like to put a beating on a T5 backed Duratec!

I really don't think I'll be able to take on this project anytime soon. I've got small things I want to do to my truck, and I have my Impala to finish. I also just got a clean '89 Reinell 21' w/ a 260HP 350 that's slowly draining time and money on updating a few things for this summer.

Though, I am placing myself on available status if you want any help with something like a RWD Contour or any duratec powered car really.

Though, I am placing myself on available status if you want any help with something like a RWD Contour or any duratec powered car really.
Im really not up to doing the RWD Contour, Ill save that for you. ;) A Duratec RWD is very much on my mind though.

I was considering my project tonight and how Dad thinks that it would be a bonding moment. I dont see him enjoying a 300+ hp, RWD with a sub-1500# weight, sticky tires, stiff suspension, etc. He would be happier to have something with *maybe* half that power to tool around in on the weekend, sporty but still comfortable to his 60+ y/o body. I am going to approach him about building duplicates just with different drivetrains/suspension/etc and make his considerably more friendly. Perhaps an Ecotec or a Volvo whiteblock.

This thread has gotten way off topic. :)

Back