• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Brake upgrade

F5R Cobra

CEG'er
Took me a long time to gather parts and then find the time to actual put them on the car, but the front brakes are upgraded and about 3k on them.

I used Warmonger's kit and EVERYTHING was perfect.

I had to battle my car but the kit went together flawlessly. Then I F'ed up the caliper springs but once I figured out MY mistake, nothing but improved performance!

Parts:

Warmonger's brake kit
FSVT Front Rotors
S/S Brake lines
nos calipers (High temp paint)

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes005.jpg

Before (NY rust)

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes008.jpg

The battle! Rotor swelled(rust) as you can can see a real PITA to get off

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes020.jpg

Victory shot, after 2 days of soaking with PB blaster it final loosened (to make matters worst the PS just fell off!)

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes011.jpg

Looking good (I know the springs are wrong! fixed)

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes018.jpg

Finished product!

Pat

good deal man. i upgraded my fronts and rears using the nautilus/ warmonger kit. works wonderfully.. what kind of rotors did you use?

+1.

I have everything brand new waiting for install.

Warmonger front and rear kit, cross drilled rotors, Bendix pads, and SS lines. :drool:

hmm ss lines, still need those ... and my brakes are rotors are good so I will reuse those for now ...

Did you upgrade the rear rotors also? What did you do with the rear rotors that came in the set?

I'm going to use them, I have to get a hold of Nautilus to get a different spacer for the rear caliper brackets (different offset). I talked to them a few month ago, just too busy on my part.

Took me a long time to gather parts and then find the time to actual put them on the car, but the front brakes are upgraded and about 3k on them.

I used Warmonger's kit and EVERYTHING was perfect.

I had to battle my car but the kit went together flawlessly. Then I F'ed up the caliper springs but once I figured out MY mistake, nothing but improved performance!

Parts:

Warmonger's brake kit
FSVT Front Rotors
S/S Brake lines
nos calipers (High temp paint)

Before (NY rust)

9-26-07ContourFrontBrakes008.jpg

The battle! Rotor swelled(rust) as you can can see a real PITA to get off
What size puller did you use to get that rotor off? I may need to do that on mine (brakes need replacing soon).

Back