• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crazy trip last Friday/Saturday...

Reebs

meester super sleuth
Last Friday I headed out to the western suburbs of Chicago from the EGL to pick up Matt and his blown up SVT to bring it back to life after almost a year down! I headed out there with my dad and his friend because we planned on picking up another SVT as well while in the Chicago area... why not make the trip worth while? I was sooo close to buying another TRed on the way back to my house that Matt spotted in some small hillbilly used car lot but the guy was out to lunch on its value. I had cash in hand ready to buy it but he didn't like my offer. :shrug: It only took about 5 hours to get out to pick up Matt but on the way back we hit the nasty snow storm / blizzard which caused the ride home to take 12 plus hours! We couldn't go over 35mph the entire way back to my house! We saw over 35 bad accidents such as a rolled and flipped truck with the driver stuck inside (saw this on our way to Chicago). :shocked: We actually saw a Cougar eat it hard into the concrete wall right in front of us just a car or so ahead... we had to dodge cdw 47 parts flying all over the freeway. Hope if wasn't a friend of ours from NECO!

Anyways, we made it to my house at 3:30 am or so Saturday morning and started tearing into Matts car right away. Good times but no pictures of that unfortunately. Here are some pics of the newly aquired T Red and Matts black SVT.

006-1.jpg

The rare 5.0 Explorer that I've grown very close to just cause of all the towing we've done together over the years! The thing is a torque monster and has never let me down!

010-1.jpg

Matt in the front seat and his friend Kevin who came along for the crazy trip...

011-1.jpg

My dad who rode along with me to drive home the new SVT and our friend Mike with the coffee!

004-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

Last edited:
damn im glad I only had to drive my contour for like 5 mintutes through that crap weather. so how many svt's are you up to now reebs?

Pics of when we finally arrive at my home full of contours!

My new black one in the background covered in snow along with my silverfrost I posted pics about a week or two back.

019-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

Matt's ride with my first zetec contour in the front yard covered in snow, and behind that the new T RED svt, and behind that is my wifes accord with the headlight on... my neighbors must love me since I've been forced to park in my front yard lately with so many cars! :crazy: We have that dumb no parking on the street after 12 rule or something so to the front yard they go!

020-1.jpg

The new T Red is already torn apart too as soon as Matts car was done!

024-1.jpg

A few pics a little closer of my new '00 Black/Tan SVT...

001.jpg

002.jpg

That's about all for now....

Reebs

Dude, it took me 2 hrs and 45 mins to go from A2 to home (From 5:15pm till 8pm)...I was pissed!

The two front bald front tires due to ball joint didn't help neither...:nonono:

And those down south idiots think we're prepared with chains and all that other crap...

Did you guys take M14 off 94, home? I definitely saw like 10 cars in the ditch on M14.

Looks like fun times though.

That was one crazy weekend jeff. You are the man though!! You and Gus just went to town on my car!!! :crazy: I still can't thank you guys enough. You guys keep ceg alive and well. My car feels amazing, it feels like a new car, def. feels alot better than the old motor as well. Once I heard the motor start up for its first time I thought I was in heaven I haven't heard it in so long. I even forgot about moosing, lol it actually moosed once today. So thanks again man and I will be calling you soon so answer your phone.

P.S. any of you guys need work on your car? go to reebs he will hook you up!

and another thing I will be posting pics tonite of the revived svt :drool:

So, want to buy mine? :laugh:

$1350 if in good condition. Let me know asap or I'll buy someone elses.

so how many svt's are you up to now reebs?

Overall with parts car SVT's I'd say at least 13. :shrug:

jeebus...... turbo one already. lol

Already ahead of you with a secret plan.

thats cdw27:laugh:
black rims for that one too?

:laugh: I did mess the platform name.

answer your phone or im gonna kick your ass:mad:

Get out of my garage now or you'll be getting the kicking.

so....how many contours (nonsvt/svt) do you officially have now? lol

Not exactly sure... look above. :)

Did you guys take M14 off 94, home? I definitely saw like 10 cars in the ditch on M14.

Looks like fun times though.

94 to M14 then up 23 across 96 and up Milford Road. Cars were in the ditch everywhere like you said!

That was one crazy weekend jeff. You are the man though!! You and Gus just went to town on my car!!! :crazy: I still can't thank you guys enough. You guys keep ceg alive and well. My car feels amazing, it feels like a new car, def. feels alot better than the old motor as well. Once I heard the motor start up for its first time I thought I was in heaven I haven't heard it in so long. I even forgot about moosing, lol it actually moosed once today. So thanks again man and I will be calling you soon so answer your phone.

P.S. any of you guys need work on your car? go to reebs he will hook you up!

and another thing I will be posting pics tonite of the revived svt :drool:

Thanks Matt. Glad to help you out. I always feel good when putting another SVT back on the streets!

Back