• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

Just spent an hour in the garage taking off glue from the rear window where tint was removed at some point in time in the car's life....I've got like a square foot left and I just can't do it any more today.....I get to do it all over again on the race car too....yippee. :rolleyes:

On the upside, With the help and guiding hand of Hetfield my newer rear seats and original passanger front seat now look pretty good, hell of a lot better than when we started...Carpet and floor mats goes to be shampooed today, probably have them back in a week.

uhhhh, don't ever scrape the glue on the rear window. You will damage the defrost lines. Use ammonia. Spray it on the glass and stick paper towel to it. Spray the paper towel again so it has some ammonia soaked in to it. Let the car sit in the sun for about 1 hr with the doors and windows closed. don't sit in the car too long with the ammoinia because you will pass out.....

after it sits the tint will peel right off with no scraping of the adhesive because it will be stuck to the tint.....

after it sits the tint will peel right off with no scraping of the adhesive because it will be stuck to the tint.....

Someone already peeled the tint off and left me with the glue....goo gone and some elbow grease. Comes off easier than i expected.

Just got back from the auto glass place with my nice new windshield. :)

I would have to say the seats look 10times better, simples green! I used to have to scrap windows at work we used thiner it came off soo easy, but the race car has no windows:shrug:

I would have to say the seats look 10times better, simples green!

I had to laugh when the back of the Simple Green bottle specifically says not to use it on leather. There was no other way those seats were coming clean, though. You could tell just by touch that the leather was going to dry out and crack from the cleaning until I got the conditioner on it. Now those seats feel like butter :)

I had to laugh when the back of the Simple Green bottle specifically says not to use it on leather. There was no other way those seats were coming clean, though. You could tell just by touch that the leather was going to dry out and crack from the cleaning until I got the conditioner on it. Now those seats feel like butter :)

They are indeed wonderful. Thanks again mike! Only one more to do.

Well if you need any help you got my number, good luck, its looking a little better each time I see her!

Just wait till it's done man. The car will be really nice. I'm leaving for the junk yard at 6:30 AM, if you want to come along, you're more than welcome, but you'll have to bring your own car as I'm going all over the place when i leave there and won't be back in town until late that night.

This Friday i plan to pick up the last new seat for the car and after the shopping spree at the yard I'm hoping to pick up my carpet from being shampooed. That leaves nothing needed for the interior to go back together. So I'll be swapping dashes and going to town on reassembly. Once the interior is together the new trunk sub floor and stereo will be installed and the motor will come out for refreshing with a 44k trans attached and we should be good to go. I'm going a little over budget, but i never planned on having to replace the entire interior. The windshield also ran me $260, which i wasn't expecting.

Just wait till it's done man. The car will be really nice. I'm leaving for the junk yard at 6:30 AM, if you want to come along, you're more than welcome, but you'll have to bring your own car as I'm going all over the place when i leave there and won't be back in town until late that night.

I'll prob come with where would we meet up?

What are your plans for this weekend? Are you putting everything back together, with what you get from the yard?

Back