• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what next

ronssvt

Hard-core CEG'er
well I got the mod bug bitting again at me so I am looking for suggestions on what to do next. here is a what I have done to the car as of now.

exterior- tinted windows 20 percent, 17 inch enkei's, pre 98 sail panels, chrome parts painted black

performance- aftermarket ypipe, k&m open filter, spec clutch

the only things I can think of that I want to do for the exterior is lower it (which goes hand in hand with performance) and possible get a mirko splitter for it. for performance, im thinking straight through exhaust, headers, short throw shifter.

so other then that what do you guys suggest I get done?

Must be nice to have the problem of "what do i do next to make my car even cooler" when I have to think about "please dont blow up!"

:laugh:

Mirko and lower :drool:

You cant go wrong with the headers even if they are a real pain to install. Lowering is always nice but you're looking at $600+ to do it correctly.

lol yah I had a jets chip on my old 98 eclipse when I bought it, I don't think it does anything?

so far it looks like headers is a must, what about cutting the res and mufflers out?

every csvt should have get these mods in this order.. lowering springs, mirko, 17's, tint, turbo.

+/- a few things :laugh:

lol yah your car is missing a turbo bud :p

j/p :laugh:

I don't think I would ever turbo my svt, maybe 3l it, mirko is diffenetly a possibility though.

lol yah I had a jets chip on my old 98 eclipse when I bought it, I don't think it does anything?

so far it looks like headers is a must, what about cutting the res and mufflers out?

NO NO NO! If you're running headers, you NEED the resonator and muffler. I have headers and stock mufflers without the resonator, and I cringe every time I get on the gas, it sounds AWFUL.

NO NO NO! If you're running headers, you NEED the resonator and muffler. I have headers and stock mufflers without the resonator, and I cringe every time I get on the gas, it sounds AWFUL.
Do you still have the stock main cat? Well you will be pissed to hear .I have headers and 2 mufflers on my true duals no cats!!. MY car sounds amazing :)

It honestly does. NO rasp or drone at all. :)

Do you still have the stock main cat? Well you will be pissed to hear .I have headers and 2 mufflers on my true duals no cats!!. MY car sounds amazing :)

It honestly does. NO rasp or drone at all. :)

I do have my cats still. Here's a quick clip that actually makes it sound way better than it does in real life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJKQe6_-BaE

It's especially bad when it's cold. I was reminded last night when riding in a super quiet Mazda3 how loud my car is.

lol yah your car is missing a turbo bud :p

j/p :laugh:

I don't think I would ever turbo my svt, maybe 3l it, mirko is diffenetly a possibility though.
it'll happen soon enough :laugh:

haven't had tint in a while.. my friend promised he knew a guy who could tint it, so I spent hours ripping my old purple tint off then the guy never came through :rolleyes:

the mod bug is hitting us all hard this summer :)

I'd go for headers. They arent horrible to put on. we did some in my driveway in about 7hrs lol.

alright well headers for sure, then I will get my res taken out. anything else you guys think I should get done?

lol man I would love to but my engine has such low miles and runs so great I think it would be a dumb choice right now. once my motor goes though its 3L all the way.

Back