• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And now for something completely different.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
P8280028.jpg

He doesn't know crap about proper set up. Kind of a poseur. What is the the SYE? What issues will he have?

SYE means Slip Yoke Eliminator. If you buy the SYE, you have to buy a custom driveshaft as well. That's close to $1000 total. Basically, anything over a 2" budget lift on a '96-'01 should have an SYE put on it. He's more than likely going to experience driveline vibrations. He might be able to live with it, but his t-case bearings and seals won't be.

He liked that news. Just called him. His friend talked him into it. He needed new shocks so his buddy said just get a lift too. :help: His buddy has one that is quite a bit higher. Maybe a 6" lift. Prolly a body lift with a 3" lift I'm guessing.

wtf tires are still filthy, you noob! ;)
j/k
dang she cleans up pretty well.

Did it take a lot of hosing down first or what?

It took everything I had just short of a brillo pad. :laugh:

I think I'm going to go buy some of the plastic trim paint to make all the sun faded plastic look good again...probably paint the wheel flares too.

I think I'm going to go buy some of the plastic trim paint to make all the sun faded plastic look good again...probably paint the wheel flares too.

Try a little tire wet on some of those faded black plastic trim pieces in the meantime.
It does a pretty good job.

Back