• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko front splitter availability?

the dont, as far as i know, make the skid plate anymore... but with a GB in effect they might make em. since ive already bought mine, im gonna make my own plate.

the dont, as far as i know, make the skid plate anymore... but with a GB in effect they might make em. since ive already bought mine, im gonna make my own plate.

Mirko didn't make the skid plate. A CEG'r on here made them I believe. I think it was Pole120. Search in the group buy section and you'll find them.

ahh, i see. But im still gonna make my own. i made an aluminum splash plate for my focus thnat replaced my damaged plastic one. so this should be alot easier.

I love the mirko splitter, but I’ve haven’t bought one cause it’s made of fiberglass.
Almost everybody that has one has commented on scraping, cracking breaking or just plain destroying it, whenever you hit something with it.
I don’t know if maybe carbon fiber might be a little bit more durable in respect to this application… and if it is, maybe TopShop would want to make this for us….Man I’d do almost anything to get a silver carbon fiber splitter like the mirko….

hmm. i had a fiberglass lip on my focus and that thing was low. never had a problem with it. but then again i try not to hit things lol!!

I try not to hit things too, well except for the wife, kids, and the dog…j/k….:blackeye::laugh:
BUT
As we’re all aware of , there are times that “stuff” happens…..:crazy::shrug:

Since Mirko Racing designed the splitter, somehow I don't see Top Shop making it. Unless they plan to just go ahead and steal the design.

You mean like this?
1105081341.jpg

my car is that low with out a splitter on it. :laugh: Speaking of splitters, I should really get to work on that one and fix it.

I could see calling it “stealing” if the Mirko was available in carbon fiber….
If they sold one in c/f, I think I’d shell out the cash for it….but they don’t….
If Top Shop offered one, I don’t think too many people would be worried about it…. except maybe Mirko.
All you’d really have to do is change it up a little bit…As a matter of fact I think it would be a nice design change
if the center of the splitter lip was raised like maybe ½ inch or soo…. kinda like ( ____/--------\____ )… think F1 front wing...

How much are you willing to spend for a CF splitter? The ones from Mirko are $300, I can see a CF version being $500+. You guys ready to drop that kind of cash on something that probably won't even fit right?

On a side note. Anyone else notice how horribly that hood fits on the red Mondeo in the Ebay add?

How much are you willing to spend for a CF splitter? The ones from Mirko are $300, I can see a CF version being $500+. You guys ready to drop that kind of cash on something that probably won't even fit right?

I'm talking to Top Shop now about the possibility of doing just that or coming up with their own design. Either a mirko style of their own design or a design similar to the one on the Mondeo. Stay tuned

On a side note. Anyone else notice how horribly that hood fits on the red Mondeo in the Ebay add?
Lol yes I noticed it too. I thought the hood was hinged from the front as was just open :shrug:

I saw this on ebay and I contacted the seller to ask if he has proof that these would fit the contour. I'm waiting to hear back.

i asked this seller also and am waiting to hear back. i think i might be the guinea pig on this one and come april 3rd. (day before my bday:D ) go ahead and order it. I asked they person if they would be kind enough to refund if it did not work. So we will see what their response is.

Maybe something that is poly urethane?

Like styllians doing with all his new front splitters :shrug:

a bunch of ricers that i went to school with call it the "JDM hood lift" i guess its pretty popular to do that in japan

It's just a few washers between the hood and the connector. It makes for much better airflow through the engine bay. I will say he has like like 3 times higher than he needs though.

It's just a few washers between the hood and the connector. It makes for much better airflow through the engine bay. I will say he has like like 3 times higher than he needs though.
you do know that by raising the back of the hood like that it actually pulls air into the engine bay from the cowl area, right? it operates just like a cowl hood. this increased pressure from the rear of the engine bay actually hurts airflow through it and can actually increase temps, unless your stopped and then it vents nicely.

you do know that by raising the back of the hood like that it actually pulls air into the engine bay from the cowl area, right? it operates just like a cowl hood. this increased pressure from the rear of the engine bay actually hurts airflow through it and can actually increase temps, unless your stopped and then it vents nicely.
I spent alot of time verifying that. If your goal is to help vent the hot air, do cossie style hood vents or fender vents. Lifting the rear of the hood will give you the opposite results.

Also, there's enough adjustability in the hood bolts that you can just loosen them, lift the rear, tighten them -- no need for washers and stuff. That is.. unless the earlier models mounted the hoods from the bottom, instead of the side (like mine does). But again... it's stupid to do, so don't bother.

Back