• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop request/ Contest

I don't think people are saying it is impossible to do or that it can't be tastefully done. Flat black does look extra sweet and I think most people especially those with experience in painting agree that it is cool looking. Experience tells them its a PITA to keep it looking fresh. So that's where alot of the fly off the handle comments(even my own) come from, but hey, if you want to do it and you're willing to constantly reblock your car out and respray to keep it looking fresh I will give you a A+ for the effort involved.

There is a fair amount of people on CEG that have loads of experience. Some in more of a specialized field or genre and others with a wide range of general knowledge with these cars as well as others. It would be to your benefit to take their comments or posts into consideration rather than view them as a bunch of "A-holes". If you don't care to listen you shut the door on learning anything and open the door for discouragement and/or failure with what you're trying to accomplish.

Good luck with your project idea and post her up when you get it finished.

I don't like being called an A-hole...it brings tears to my eyes because I'm sensitive :cry:

what do i win? :)

flatblackgarbage.jpg

I don't think people are saying it is impossible to do or that it can't be tastefully done. Flat black does look extra sweet and I think most people especially those with experience in painting agree that it is cool looking. Experience tells them its a PITA to keep it looking fresh. So that's where alot of the fly off the handle comments(even my own) come from, but hey, if you want to do it and you're willing to constantly reblock your car out and respray to keep it looking fresh I will give you a A+ for the effort involved.

There is a fair amount of people on CEG that have loads of experience. Some in more of a specialized field or genre and others with a wide range of general knowledge with these cars as well as others. It would be to your benefit to take their comments or posts into consideration rather than view them as a bunch of "A-holes". If you don't care to listen you shut the door on learning anything and open the door for discouragement and/or failure with what you're trying to accomplish.

Good luck with your project idea and post her up when you get it finished.

I don't like being called an A-hole...it brings tears to my eyes because I'm sensitive :cry:
LOL I hope you didnt think my post was directed towards you:laugh:

ive painted my cougar flat black. 4 days later i hated it. why not just leave it t-red? is the current paint that bad to need to be repainted?

edit: i read your sig. fender and bumper needed to be replaced, gotcha

ive painted my cougar flat black. 4 days later i hated it. why not just leave it t-red? is the current paint that bad to need to be repainted?

edit: i read your sig. fender and bumper needed to be replaced, gotcha

I always prefer taking the time to find the correct color body parts at the junkyard. The fender is easy as and 98+ T-red fender will work just have to swap the the HO 24vlave badge over. if you keep an eye on the classifieds you can find a t-Red bumper. I realize that some parts don't bolt up but sometimes a little touch up paint can save the day..... if you take the time you can fix most anything body wise on these cars cost effectively. and if you have skuffs on your bumper get used to it most do. I do have photo shop just don't think I can do what you are asking. I've talked to the guy "flatblacksvt" and wanted to transfer all the svt stuff to a clean silver se body he had so yeah good luck. I do like the flatblack look with red steelies on a vintage rod from 30s they can look sharp but......when done on newer stuff they don't tend to look to good. anyways I've said enough.

This is why i cant just get matching panels.. 80% of the car needs fresh paint.

The parts that are painted have bad chips and scratches everywhere

Also hard to tell but the driver 1/4 panel will be pulled by a body shop and repaired up to primer along with hood, and deck lid

th_SL731062.jpg
th_SL731075.jpg
th_SL731046.jpg
th_SL731053.jpg

I spent over 2.5 hours trying to do this chop and could not get an even, flat finish. In the end, I quit. If you would like to see it in uber-glossy black, or any other color, that's easy.

satin.jpg

I used a completely different picture at my discretion, and it's not perfect because I didn't feel like making it perfect. Pay me then we'll talk. :laugh:

So have at the wheels boys and girls.

I dont like it.. Flat black is nice on some cars, but def not this car!

Might as well just go to Maaco if you dont want to spend a lot of money. It may chip or crack in the future but at least it will look better then what you are complaining about and its also cheap!

There are lots of colors to choose from in the world flat black is def not the one!

- amyn

A photoshop isn't going to be exact, from what I know, matte/flat is actually a difficult color to reproduce on the computer. I've had 3 or 4 people try to do a picture for me and they all said it's not an easy color to do. An actual painted (matte/flat) car will never resemble the edited picture

A photoshop isn't going to be exact, from what I know, matte/flat is actually a difficult color to reproduce on the computer. I've had 3 or 4 people try to do a picture for me and they all said it's not an easy color to do. An actual painted (matte/flat) car will never resemble the edited picture

I think we can all tell that from the picture :shrug:.

Obviously it wont look exactly like that. It gives you an idea though.

I was only saying no matter how much effort goes into it, it's not going to be completely accurate.

I'm not sure why you're giving me slight attitude when I was one of the people on your side the whole time.:shrug:

I was only saying no matter how much effort goes into it, it's not going to be completely accurate.

I'm not sure why you're giving me slight attitude when I was one of the people on your side the whole time.:shrug:

didnt mean for the attitude, i guess i just didnt understand your point. I think most people realize that photoshops are only a estimate of what it will look like. didnt mean to sound snippy

i know there are places that will vinyl a car and have a wide selection of colors, and some definately have flat black. you might want to look into that, it may be cheaper and definately a lot easier to replace.

Back