• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Took a break from 3L

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
So dad and i decided to take a break from the 3L for an evening and go to the local cruise night.

016.jpg

dad and i
001.jpg

my buddy's sky
002.jpg

small turbo
004.jpg

19s
003.jpg

and somehow i did not know that the suspension was a little bit "better" than a normal stock setup...
005.jpg

old times...it still smelled like canvas!
017.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

more in next post. 10 image count=fail.

rather rare truck, but he's a repeating cruise night'r
031.jpg

026.jpg

315s
027.jpg

030.jpg

another repeating local. (he had 375s on the rear!)
035.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

and theres more if you all want me to post them up.

I'll voice what others have said in regards to the Syclone. Those were awesome trucks, both the Syclones and Typhoons; I haven't seen one in years.

Is that a CTS-V? I want one of those! and the syclone OMFG! That was like hte best GM truck ever. Running 11's out the box! Of course they didnt advertise it cause it would have sold more than the vette.

Is that a CTS-V? I want one of those! and the syclone OMFG! That was like hte best GM truck ever. Running 11's out the box! Of course they didnt advertise it cause it would have sold more than the vette.

yes, its a V. We've had it since mid-Nov. '08. It's my weekend toy, however dad has been driving it as a DD since the SVT it in the garage with 1/2 a motor...I'm stuck driving the gran prix until then...

I'll voice what others have said in regards to the Syclone. Those were awesome trucks, both the Syclones and Typhoons; I haven't seen one in years.

I seen 1 a few weeks ago!! The guy i think just got it also I seen a used car dealer tag on it still, And it was a spanish person at that also, bet he will use it as his daily driver at that alos lol

and somehow i did not know that the suspension was a little bit "better" than a normal stock setup...
005.jpg

QUOTE]Unless the build sticker says FE3 for suspension, the suspension is "normal" All kappa platform cars come with Bilstien coil overs shocks. The car does not look lowered.

Unless the build sticker says FE3 for suspension, the suspension is "normal" All kappa platform cars come with Bilstien coil overs shocks. The car does not look lowered.

It's stock, but unless im retarded or something, i havent seen a STOCK car with coilover shocks. the CTS-V doesnt even have that...

(maybe THIS time i just happened to look over and see yellow and notice it was a little bit cooler than normal...:crazy:)

It's stock, but unless im retarded or something, i havent seen a STOCK car with coilover shocks. the CTS-V doesnt even have that...

(maybe THIS time i just happened to look over and see yellow and notice it was a little bit cooler than normal...:crazy:)
I have an 08 Solstice and it has coil over Bilstiens. You are not retarded, there are just a lot of cars out there to look at. By the way nice photos.

That thirdgens sweet! Any more pics or specs on it? Looks to be L98 350TPI but could be a 305 but the lack of t-tops is making me think 350... Does it have the G92 code posi-trac rear???

i figured i'd use the same thread for another show.(why not right?)

this past weekend, we needed an engine hoist and stand, but we didnt have one(was working on borrowing one). So Dad and I took the day off and went to a car show in Newark,DE. It was at the VA Hospital for Veterans.:cool: LOTS of cars and it was a nice drive up.

All pics can be found here: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z251/DE_CSVT/VA%20Hospital%20Show/?start=all
PICS: (forgive me for breaking them up, dumb 10-pic limit)

following dad to the friend's house for meet-up.
006.jpg

at the friend's house just chit-chat'n for a bit.
016.jpg

on the road with the group. It was my friend in the red 4th gen, his dad in the valiant, and their friend in the righ-hand drive Morris(very rare in the US) and me and dad in the back.
023.jpg

we finally got there. set up and i left to go get pics!
The back corner of the lot
027.jpg

drool
029.jpg

031.jpg

full-race bimmer
038.jpg

exige
054.jpg

057.jpg

...more in next post.

Last edited:
more:

porsche club of america
061.jpg

4S
065.jpg

066.jpg

GT3
072.jpg

down "MOPAR alley"
075.jpg

Magnum SRT8
079.jpg

300C SRT8
086.jpg

089.jpg

total custom
090.jpg

091.jpg

next post is last one!

my little group and then a few randoms

The group.
the V
111.jpg

LS6 goodness
114.jpg

Dad
115.jpg

our friend Jay
120.jpg

randoms:
the guy who owns this(sitting in front of it) reminded me of Hank Hill's dad.
099.jpg

old timers
128.jpg

132.jpg

a little goodie
135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

...and im done. maybe i'll post some of the track cars later.

Excellent pics and great awesome cars, yep yep, i take that army jeep in a heart beat.:cool:

Where did you get the FRC on the V. I got a silver one, and love it everyday i drive it.

got them from another LS-based motor. it comes in a two-door model...look around on the cadillac forums, its really big over there. You'll just have to grind some letters off them and cut portions of the bottom off(where it is silver) so they can fit to the LS6

Back