• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 escape motor??

DSC00305-1.jpg

i just use a cutting wheel and a hand grinder. be careful though dont take more than you need out of it most is on the one side and most of the lip that sticks out on the front of the mount

i just use a cutting wheel and a hand grinder. be careful though dont take more than you need out of it most is on the one side and most of the lip that sticks out on the front of the mount

Did you cut one of the power steering pump bolt mounting holes off the mount as well? Looks like the one ear is missing. Interesting, I cut in completely different areas. lol

okay and can someone run me throught the pulse wheel alignment i think my buddy understood it all good but i really dont want it to be f ed up

okay and can someone run me throught the pulse wheel alignment i think my buddy understood it all good but i really dont want it to be f ed up
Are you kidding? I just talked about how to do it on page 2 of this thread. Search will find lots of hits and there's that picture that I made for you guys that looks like a pulsewheel with the different vehicles written next to the keyways. We should think about making a pulsewheel sticky!

i mean its on the exact way it came off,

also, i got my alternator on but there is a sensor that is right behind it. just a bolt with a sensor on it but it doesnt want to fit on with the bracket on there. what is it? and should i shave the bracket down to get it to fit.

i mean its on the exact way it came off,
Are talking about the pulsewheel here? If so, are you talking about the one from your CSVT or the '07 Escape motor? Follow the rule of thumb that I posted as the '07 Escape has the sensor on the opposite side of the front cover than your CSVT. If you did it the same as your CSVT and used your CSVT front cover than you should be fine.

!!!!!!

!!!!!!

Need help ASAP

how is the best way to get the pilot bearing out???? i rented a puller from autozone and broke it lol and i heard you have to grind it out anyone have pictures i was hoping to get the motor in tonight:crazy:

so just grind the whole thing outs the best way? i bought the wrong bits for my di grinder so tomorrow hopefully the tranny will get re married to the motor

Installed my 07 motor yesterday. I had to modify the coolant crossover tube because it contacts the valve cover near the water pump pulley. I dented the pipe in so it wouldn't contact the valve cover and then heated it up a bit to bend it so the coupler would connect like normal.

I ended up porting out the motor. Using a stock 2.5L valve cover and modifying the front valve cover so the 2.5L intake would clear. FYI anyone who uses an 07 motor will need to modify the front valve cover. The oil fill cap will hit the hood otherwise. You have to use the 3L cover with the WP pulley on the front cam.

Back