• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l piston rings.

svtfixer

Veteran CEG'er
whats the consensus on piston rings? the machine shop says a ring is a ring. i hate playing the brand game. all marketing illusions.

rebuilding another 03 taurus motor.

yeah. thats what the machine shop said. i ended up with whatever the brand is off rock auto for about 60 bucks for the set.

the guy at the machine shop plays down just about everything. i think he just beats the piss out of everything, blows it up and then just puts something new in there.

he also said the h beam rod is pretty good so im just gonna reuse them and the pistons and do the rings. even with the vortech on it. i havent had any rod problems yet anyways .

the guy at the machine shop plays down just about everything. i think he just beats the piss out of everything, blows it up and then just puts something new in there.

he also said the h beam rod is pretty good so im just gonna reuse them and the pistons and do the rings. even with the vortech on it. i havent had any rod problems yet anyways .

The stock rods will vaporize quickly under boost. Why spend all this money and put junk back in?

Back