• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 SVT & 05 L-GT Pics! :)

Does Aaron's LGT go like stink, or what? lol.

I'm sure it does now, but I drove it last fall when it was stock. It wasn't overly fast at the time, but cruising around it just wanted to pull no matter what. Turbo cars are always fun. Quite honestly, it was pretty much the perfect DD- nice size, nice interior, smooth ride, decent handling, AWD traction, good looks, and enough power to satisfy you but not get into trouble.

I was a little let down by the SVT. I guess I was just expecting more with the fresh motor, tune, ST-220 UIM, etc. It had been a while since I had driven a 3L SVT and I got used to driving a ~410/450 DD that can usually put the power down to run a 4.67 second 0-60.

I'm sure it does now, but I drove it last fall when it was stock. It wasn't overly fast at the time, but cruising around it just wanted to pull no matter what. Turbo cars are always fun. Quite honestly, it was pretty much the perfect DD- nice size, nice interior, smooth ride, decent handling, AWD traction, good looks, and enough power to satisfy you but not get into trouble.

I was a little let down by the SVT. I guess I was just expecting more with the fresh motor, tune, ST-220 UIM, etc. It had been a while since I had driven a 3L SVT and I got used to driving a ~410/450 DD that can usually put the power down to run a 4.67 second 0-60.

Ah ok. I bet the car pulls even harder now. But it does seem like the perfect DD, and I've always like LGT's. May consider getting one after the SVTC :shrug:.

How much power is Aaron's old SVT putting down if he got a tune? And yeah, driving a car that has half the HP that your car has now might seem a little slower than usual lol.

I always liked that spoiler. It's CF IIRC. It was a nice touch.

Yeah I'm really considering getting it. It'll go nice with my CF hood... hopefully :).

I'm sure it does pull harder now. Aaron has added a few goodies to it IIRC. If I had to guess, I would say that SVT puts down about 220 now, but who knows. Lol, my car only has 50% more power (341 WHP 376 WTQ) and weighs about 900 pounds more loaded.

Ah ok. I bet the car pulls even harder now. But it does seem like the perfect DD, and I've always like LGT's. May consider getting one after the SVTC :shrug:.

How much power is Aaron's old SVT putting down if he got a tune? And yeah, driving a car that has half the HP that your car has now might seem a little slower than usual lol.

Yeah I'm really considering getting it. It'll go nice with my CF hood... hopefully :).

His LGT pulls awsome after the mods, getting on the highway looked like it moved like a beast from hell. My SVT has been tuned by Nima I believe, and Aaron said should be around the 240hp range (220whp?/tq or so) but a dyno soon will tell me accurate numbers :).

And yes the M5 lip spoiler is CF....Im thinking about a full CF trunk so it could be up for sale soon..as well as the OEM CF hood...Ive always had a thing for the CF cowl hood...anyone want to trade? lol :D

Unless Nima re-tuned it, it was tuned by Livinsvt's friend. Nima built and tuned Aaron's last motor (oval port with SVT cams) and it made 216 or 217 WHP. That OEM CF hood is the ••••.

Unless Nima re-tuned it, it was tuned by Livinsvt's friend. Nima built and tuned Aaron's last motor (oval port with SVT cams) and it made 216 or 217 WHP. That OEM CF hood is the ••••.

Ah yes, thats correct. Nima did the last 3L, thanks for the correction :D

I like the OEM Cf hood, but on a black car the cowl looks amazing ever since I seen the one rolling on the highway with it (I believe it was Outlawd)

After a while with mine, it just got to be too...gawdy. I like to be a little bit more low key now.

0803280034.jpg

I liiike..but yeah, I like how the OEM CF hood is suttle but a nice touch, although the cowl looks deadly too lol.

I'm sure it does pull harder now. Aaron has added a few goodies to it IIRC. If I had to guess, I would say that SVT puts down about 220 now, but who knows. Lol, my car only has 50% more power (341 WHP 376 WTQ) and weighs about 900 pounds more loaded.

Lol, true enough :).

His LGT pulls awsome after the mods, getting on the highway looked like it moved like a beast from hell. My SVT has been tuned by Nima I believe, and Aaron said should be around the 240hp range (220whp?/tq or so) but a dyno soon will tell me accurate numbers :).

And yes the M5 lip spoiler is CF....Im thinking about a full CF trunk so it could be up for sale soon..as well as the OEM CF hood...Ive always had a thing for the CF cowl hood...anyone want to trade? lol :D

Lol that's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what numbers your car puts down.

I liiike..but yeah, I like how the OEM CF hood is suttle but a nice touch, although the cowl looks deadly too lol.

On a Silfro, it REALLY stands out haha.

haha yeah but on a black car its kind of hidden which I like but the Cowl looks awsome as well imo, alongside a mirko :)

If I end up grabbing a mirko, I have some plans :D..but I'l be raising the car a bit if I go that route because its already basically as low as my buddies bagged Cavalier lol, and Hamilton roads arent very friendly

Lol, yeah that's true. A cowl hood with a mirko looks good.

Didn't Aaron have a mirko? What happened to it then? But yeah It'll look pretty nice with a cowl hood and mirko. If you end up getting rid of the OEM CF, let me know so I can tell Mani. He's been looking for one for a while.

Aaron still has the mirko, hes keeping it for now. I also have already talked to Mani about that :D...but it will be in time if I change them.

Back