• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 green SVT up for auction in Ham Lake, MN 10/13

DuratecDave

CEG'er
Ad knows as much as I do. Says it starts & drives. 152K, Strut tower brace, KKM, appears to be clean. Exhaust concerns, hood rust, pass mirror AWOL, and front cover issues..... overhead console trim on floorboard? Shift knob, knauberized, and HVAC overlay suggests maybe an enthusiast, so I thought I'd share. Bring a battery.

All I could find on "DVAA" was donated vehicles, but seems limited to California.

1FAFP68Gxxk231910
http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=932018#pics

I browse this site from time to time and rarely see SVT Contours. They have two listed now - this one, and a flooded black one in Penn. http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=932767#pics

Actually doesn't look that bad for a 12 year old MN car. Most of the ones driven during the winter are missing chunks in the rear quarters by now.

I don't think I'd pay more than a few hundred bucks for it though.

You have to pay to sign up for there bidding service. Kind of BS if you ask me. You'd think they would take a cut out of the sale which they probably do anyway.

That's what you get for parking it on the beach.

lol Its still in the garage... working on it big time! Although I am 12 mins from the beach it might be those gusty winds lol.

I did mean to say it is NOW rustfree lol

The front fascia is cracked by the left fog light. I don't see any sign of the tail pipes coming out of the rear so this car may be missing at least the cat-back portion of the exhaust.

I see one exhaust muffler on the passenger side. the driver looks like its missing I bet the passenger hanger rusted off and the driver side exhaust went with it.

AH hell... I might have to buy this

EDIT: Nevermind... you have to front up $400 security deposit to register, and they after one eyar the $200 is used towards membership and th eother $200 is provided as credit. Or if you close your account they will then send the deposit back to you... sounds like a major hassle. That and I also noticed the passenger side mirror is busted... makes you wonder what else is fubar'd

Last edited:
Find a body shop / rebuilder / salvage yard in the area who frequents this auction and work out a deal with them.

Passenger mirrors sometimes get smashed going in and out of garages. As opposed to cars that sit outside year round.

Back