• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

#1 you dont own a contour anymore so why do you care:shrug:
#2 I am not at 400hp
#3 They never asked what hp I am making
#4 ever heard the term "any publicity is good publicity"

Cry much?

#1 What does me not owning a Contour have to do with this?
#2 Maybe not 400whp, but ~400hp is a good estimate
#3 I've never watched the show, but with all this hype I thought they at least would have gone over the basics of your car for the viewers at home.
#4 Yeah, but I don't agree.

My point is that if you were pulling a 12 second time, you might get more viewers doing some research on these cars. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that you're getting some air time. It just sucks that people aren't hearing the full story, and all they get to go by is one 1/4 mile run that you know yourself could have been much better.

Mark

Cry much?

#1 What does me not owning a Contour have to do with this?
#2 Maybe not 400whp, but ~400hp is a good estimate
#3 I've never watched the show, but with all this hype I thought they at least would have gone over the basics of your car for the viewers at home.
#4 Yeah, but I don't agree.

My point is that if you were pulling a 12 second time, you might get more viewers doing some research on these cars. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that you're getting some air time. It just sucks that people aren't hearing the full story, and all they get to go by is one 1/4 mile run that you know yourself could have been much better.

Mark

I do 100% agree with you now:laugh:, 1 run dosent really tell anything, everyone has a bad run sometime or another, and yeah they didnt get much info from me, the thing is you dont wanna divulge too much info cause you want them stumped, and they only have 3 questions. HP wasnt one of them so thats a good thing,lol cause all I know is over 300whp, yes 313.9 was the last dyno but bov has been replaced since then so I dunno.

I do 100% agree with you now:laugh:, 1 run dosent really tell anything, everyone has a bad run sometime or another, and yeah they didnt get much info from me, the thing is you dont wanna divulge too much info cause you want them stumped, and they only have 3 questions. HP wasnt one of them so thats a good thing,lol cause all I know is over 300whp, yes 313.9 was the last dyno but bov has been replaced since then so I dunno.

Ahhh, you see I have no idea what the show is about. I guess I thought it was just showing off cars, giving details on them, and then watching them in action. That's why I assumed people would be like "wtf, a 400hp Contour running a high 14? I'll stick with my Honda." <--- That would suck! :crazy:

Mark

Ahhh, you see I have no idea what the show is about. I guess I thought it was just showing off cars, giving details on them, and then watching them in action. That's why I assumed people would be like "wtf, a 400hp Contour running a high 14? I'll stick with my Honda." <--- That would suck! :crazy:

Mark

lol hehehe noooo, go to speed channel and watch a episode, or do one on youtube, its a pretty damn good show. Then you will see what I am talking about.

yeah his car will be on the show for about 1 minute, and nobody will know what your talking about when you say "contour SVT"

what questions did they ask?

is it turboed?
what kind of tires are on there?
is this your first time to the track?

i guess a 17.2!

(some people on that show are smart, some of them are extremely stupid)

yeah his car will be on the show for about 1 minute, and nobody will know what your talking about when you say "contour SVT"

what questions did they ask?

is it turboed?
what kind of tires are on there?
is this your first time to the track?

i guess a 17.2!

(some people on that show are smart, some of them are extremely stupid)

You will have to watch and see what the questions were:cool:

I watched Pass Time for the first time last night and I liked it... At least you made it down the track, unlike that guy in the Nova who could not even get it fired :laugh:

Yeah its a awsome show dude, I got hooked on it on season 1,episode 1.

How can this be good PR for Contours? People don't know Contours can't hook. They just see a 400HP Contour running a 14.9 and decide immediately that anything else will be faster. I'm sure they won't get to see that you broke an axle, or that you've only been to the track with the car one other time, or that a turbo SVT on the highway is absolutely insane. They'll probably see 45 seconds and base their decisions on what they see. It's unfortunate, and I hope I'm wrong! :help:

Mark

what happened to your Tour? i thought you had a bad ass one? from what you said at SVTP. what happened to it?:shrug:

Sold it a year or two back to someone who put blue wheels on it and then that guy sold it to TX00SVT who owns it now.

It's still around and is FS now as a matter of fact.

Sold it a year or two back to someone who put blue wheels on it and then that guy sold it to TX00SVT who owns it now.

lol its amazing how these cars go from people to people. i mean svt fans that is. do you know why he sold it? jus wondering. his car was really nice too! most likely still is.

what happened to your Tour? i thought you had a bad ass one? from what you said at SVTP. what happened to it?:shrug:

I own it. And it is still bad ass.

Correct, sadly.

lol its amazing how these cars go from people to people. i mean svt fans that is. do you know why he sold it? jus wondering. his car was really nice too! most likely still is.

Mark said that he sold it because he bought his Lincoln and never drove the thing anymore. I am selling it because I bought a new DD, and also learned that my dad was planning on giving me the Cobra replica, that we built together, when I graduate this summer. I don't need two toy cars, and the Cobra definitely wins this toss-up.

good ish, im a big fan of past time.!!!! !4.9 had to hurt. i can do that in a stock csvt. but alot of power and the thought of breaking your axle, and it being on tv is enough to get out of it on the start. there was a supercharged rsx with drag radials on it that ran i believe 14.7, that makes 14.9 look a little better

Mark said that he sold it because he bought his Lincoln and never drove the thing anymore.

Yes, it is still bad ass. I sold it for a couple of reasons. One was because I bought a nice DD (My LS), after driving POS beaters while the SVT stayed garaged in the winter and on crappy days. The other reason was that I had started piling up some debt that the only reasonable solution was selling the SVT. At the time it made a lot of sense, and I'm glad I did it. Then there's days where I miss the hell out of it and wish I was in the position to buy it back. Unfortunately I am not. :(

Mark

Correct, sadly.

Mark said that he sold it because he bought his Lincoln and never drove the thing anymore. I am selling it because I bought a new DD, and also learned that my dad was planning on giving me the Cobra replica, that we built together, when I graduate this summer. I don't need two toy cars, and the Cobra definitely wins this toss-up.

i must say, ok yea Y2KSVT owned it, but it is one of the nicest black SVT contours i've seen. it has quite a bit of mods plus a 3l hybrid. black svts are the greatest. and yes, you do need 2 toy cars lol. why give up a 3l hybrid contour? most of us guys would love to have a 3l Tour. i'm having a hard time getting my Tour together but i won't give it up. they are so hard to come by anymore, its crazy. the more i go to the yard...the more i see them dead. theres always going to be someone who will want to pick up where you left off.

I still live at home until this fall. I own 3 cars, my father owns 3 cars, and we have a 3 stall garage. I have no place to keep it, and I absolutely HATE my cars being outside. I've done the storage facility thing for the last 6 months, but that gets pricey after a while when you're not driving the car at all anyways. I think that I'll take it to the store when I get home from work tonight, though.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2008 Chevrolet Corvette
2006 GMC Envoy Denali
2000 Contour SVT 3L
2000 Contour SVT
1966 Shelby Cobra

Which ones would YOU put outside? The answer is...all of mine.

Ryan... can you start a new thread when you know the air date? I keep checking this thread... but it's full of virgin "Past Time" viewers :laugh:

Back