• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Accusump Oil Accumulator

I have that same Moroso 1.5 qt accumulator and electric valve. For some reason I am having issues with it leaking. The fitting between the valve and the accumulator is the issue. Its annoying and I haven't had time to really look at it, it has teflon and all. Did you have issues?

For the record I wouldn't hesitate to put an oil accumulator on any motor I was putting in. The pre-lube before you start feature is great for your bearings.

guys this info rocks on here, im surprised not many people have had these fitted onto their cars, the price from summit racing and the bats price arent too far away from each other so might opt for the bats kit since im guessing its made to go on our contours/mondeos anyways, u know how u say u got an oil leak, maybe putting some of that white pipe tape might sort it out? I like the idea that it starts up as soon as u turn the key as u say it will oil the bearings before start up and thats what i want in my car :)

I have that same Moroso 1.5 qt accumulator and electric valve. For some reason I am having issues with it leaking. The fitting between the valve and the accumulator is the issue. Its annoying and I haven't had time to really look at it, it has teflon and all. Did you have issues?
If the part is a normal plumbing piece, try replacing it. I had a similar problem with my oil cooler. I kept pulling the fitting and re-taping it, but it would still leak. I got a new fitting and haven't had a problem with it since.

I have never liked pipe tape, I find it's ability to seal questionable at best. I almost always use Teflon pipe sealant, it is a liquid paste like substance, it requires drying time, but I have never had a leak from a connection I used it on. Tape is ok for quick changes or testing setups, but for long term assembly a true pipe sealant is the way to go. It should be easy to find where ever plumbing supplies are sold.

I generaly dont use tape either. I have pipe sealant on everything. I assumed this maybe a fitting, but I will look into it further over the next couple weeks.

cool i didnt know they sold that stuff, ill have to inquire about it at a plumming shop here in england, im guessing its just called pipe sealant? thanks for the info :)

You can also see it in the engine pic at the bottom of the page with the guage outside the cowl

<missing link>

Last edited:
well guys i know this is a little old thread now that i started a couple of months now but ive finally bought the kit, it should be with me this tuesday comming up but ive bought it in 2 pieces as the guy on the phone in bats said that i needed to have a "remote oil filter" for this to work perfectly, so ive ordered that to save me some hassle he said i would have if i didnt order it, so it should be good to go, basically ive upgraded my engine and trans because my old one spun a bearing and died on me so ive rebuilt an engine with performance parts and fitted it about a month a go and got it running 3 wks ago fired up first time not bad for my first engine rebuild and engine pull and install which i did myslef, when i get back to england i will hopefully fit my samco hoses that i purchased, reseal my waterpump because its got the tiniest leak, fit my NPG turbo kit with the big upgrades in the kit thanks Joey and fit my bigger brake kit front and rear, and get it remapped at Dreamscience in england to see what my car is going to be running, but i wanna add this accusump so that my car has it for insurance purposes if that makes sense, ill hopefully take pictures and put a little how to on here to show how it was done, thanks all for the previous info, seeing the pictures of it on this site and the fact i was getting the turbo kit i wanted to get one of these and ive finally forked out to get it :)

well guys a little update, i finally got my accusump today, it looks very easy to install into my car, its got a remote switch to power it up i would guess, but yeah i thought the container was going to be a small thing but when i received it it was massive, ill take pictures of it when i get back to england, ive got a digital camera but when i put photos on this site it only comes out as a link instead of putting a picture on here, im not too sure on how to put a picture on this site, if anyone knows how to do this if u dont mind giving me some instructions it would be apprecaited thanks :)

Back