• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ahhh 14's :)

Blu fuzz 18 inch chrome wheels weighed in on 44lbs with tires.

My 18's with tires are 30lbs. So i have no idea what type of wheels/ tires you are talking about :shrug: Plus i ordered them from UK from a racing company because they look sweet and were the lightest rim in this style that i wanted.

steeda's 18's weighed in on 13.7lbs his were 5 spoke black wheels.

I guess maybe I should be weighing myself on your scale, especially when the wife starts commenting on my little "extra" above the belt. :eek:

After a bit more research on Tire Rack (looking at 58 different 225/40-18 tires), I've revised down my average and lightest tire weights a bit.

I guess maybe I should be weighing myself on your scale, especially when the wife starts commenting on my little "extra" above the belt. :eek:

See the problem i see with your joke, my wheels where shipped so they were sent with the weight on them. So were my tires. :)
So i wanted to check to see how accurate it was, well it weighed in at 30.2lbs so the ups shipping was 100% correct and so was my scale.

Here is a link to many wheels in 18's

http://www.edgeracing.com/1999/Ford/Contour/wheels/18/

I see anywhere from 19lbs-30+ lbs

So i assume his wheels are around 22-23 lbs plu 18lb tire, hes at 40-41lbs.

best launch
just eased the clutch out from around 3,000- 3,500ish rpms or so and
i rarely ever get wheel hop, now that i have new tires i havent been back to the track

BFG's KDW-2's (the ones that look like the drag radials) ill pull a better time lol then break my diff.

oh and i check the wheels, they are about 2 lbs lighter than stock. they just felt heavier in my hand than stock. next time they are off ill weight the stock vs my unknown aftermarkets

Sometimes we want to believe things that are not really right.

Good set of tires you picked up. I hope you don't break your diff though so be carefull

IF you can, take som vids of your car at the track!!

Blu fuzz 18 inch chrome wheels weighed in on 44lbs with tires.

Old thread, but incase anyone is reading:
18" Chrome KMC Units with a 225/40/18 were 55# each without lug nuts but with center caps.

Old thread, but incase anyone is reading:
18" Chrome KMC Units with a 225/40/18 were 55# each without lug nuts but with center caps.

ugliest wheels on the planet. :laugh: but there is a NOTICEABLE difference between the 17"mille miglia HT3's and the KMC Units. needless to say, the units are going to go on the show car and stay there.

I notice a huge difference between my 17" Cougar rims and my 16" E1s - the car is a lot snappier with the E1s, even with the snow tires on (I just don't get to use 1st or stomp it in 2nd).

It's crazy that I still want the KMC's back.... I don't know why either :shrug:. They just looked like they should be on my car.

Back