• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone around?

Just thought i would say hello to everybody on the eastern peninsula. i am driving out to West Virginia tomorrow to take a final ride in FastCougars' turbo cat before he pulls the engine.

HawkRunner, I'm gonna be pulling my turbo as well. I have an oil leak coming from somewhere, and I figure it will be easier to troubleshoot without the turbo installed. But man, does that look like a lot of work to remove and reinstall.

nope its simple just take pictures during the removal and zip lock baggie all the hardware that will make things 10's faster when reassembling.yeah i know all bout the oil leak thats like the last thing im gona fix before final install of my new setup, i have a leak in the return line to the pan...i think im gona be stuck, and not be able to fix it and just buy a new oil pan!!but then theres the thought that when i tune her in bout two weeks that i want to push it to the breaking point for the hell of it, so next pay day im looking at finding a 3L so that i can just trow that in there when she blows up...i think my tuner want to get like between 280-340hwp so im thinking that something some wheres gona break, i think hes also talking like 15-19 lbs of boost not sure but its gona e fun, even more fun if she breaks cuz i really want a 3L with the turbo!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just thought i would say hello to everybody on the eastern peninsula. i am driving out to West Virginia tomorrow to take a final ride in FastCougars' turbo cat before he pulls the engine.

I really need to meet up with him sometime and take a look at that monster...I'm only about 10 minutes from him, lol.

nope its simple just take pictures during the removal and zip lock baggie all the hardware that will make things 10's faster when reassembling.yeah i know all bout the oil leak thats like the last thing im gona fix before final install of my new setup, i have a leak in the return line to the pan...i think im gona be stuck, and not be able to fix it and just buy a new oil pan!!but then theres the thought that when i tune her in bout two weeks that i want to push it to the breaking point for the hell of it, so next pay day im looking at finding a 3L so that i can just trow that in there when she blows up...i think my tuner want to get like between 280-340hwp so im thinking that something some wheres gona break, i think hes also talking like 15-19 lbs of boost not sure but its gona e fun, even more fun if she breaks cuz i really want a 3L with the turbo!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha! I would think that was crazy, but as long as he monitors the vitals like a hawk, he should be able to dial it in well.

Where exactly is your oil leaking from? Mine is leaking from the compressor housing near the outlet flange. :shocked: I am thinking I will replace the pipe and hose ensemble with a -10 AN braided line.

50.jpg

its leaking were the fitting has jb weld on it, were it attaches to the oil pan, rawburt strikes again with somthing that wasnt dont right the first time!!ill get some pics soon, im in the process of moving it to a new shop that has the space for me to do the mods and stuff...

any of you guys are welcome to come on down and see the progress of the car. i actually plan on getting alot of stuff done this upcoming friday(2-20) im gona be reduilding the whole turbo setup from the hot side to the cool side, and then mocking up a full 3"mandrel bent exaust all the way out the back giving her such a pur that will simpley be irrestible!!! ya know what i mean..:laugh::laugh:

So what all were you able to get done? I would love to come out and help you, but I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. It took me all day to do just two minor things: replace the turbo drain line pictured above and install a catch can between the PCV and the UIM.

There's a Silfro in Dover, about a mile away from me, its an old guy, barely knows what he has. but the car has 49K on it.

and there's a college kid up at U of D with a Silfro Missing a center peice from a E0.

then theres two more treds and i think 3 blacks at most.

and all are in Smyrna/Dover area. :)

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Sorry to hear about your engine problem Mike (sry if I got name wrong)...

Mine's a '98 SilFro around Milford,DE ....or you might see me around Georgetown,DE alot bcuz I work down there and go to Del-Tech at night.:cool:

I've seen a SF at Del-Tech in G'town thats missing a E0 center cap.
I've also see a Black CSVT there once in a while.

I've seen a very clean SilFro near Dover Air Base...might be same guy you're talking about above... We were at a light together, and the guy acted like he was ignoring me...:shrug:

Frank

yeah, there's a few other CSVT around town. Bolt, if you ever get some free time, around April-ish is when im going to start my 3L build project....

Yeah man.... a FEW around.....that's why I like having rare or numered vehicles....bcuz hardly anybody knows what they are...:laugh::cool::laugh:
....draws more attention when they like it.

Yeah I saw the other thread you started. I was gonna keep a watch for updates as the date gets closer.
Now I am no mechanic:shrug:....I know some minor things, but I have a buddy that's a mechanic that usually works on all of my stuff.

But if I'm not busy, I might be able to come Supervise!! :laugh:

Frank

Hey fellas im the guy down in va beach, im the sucker that bought rawburts old turbo svt, almost a year ago and still havent been able to drive it...Im fixing all his amature mistakes and doing some mods my self, I own two CSVT and love the 3L but hoping to get the other one up and running soon, congrats on the purchase your gons love it we all do!!!but we should have a beach meet that would be awsome....

Mike

Harsh words

Just so you know, that turbo kit was THE FIRST kit ever sold by nautilus performance and THE FIRST customer installed kit. Excuse me for not installing everything perfect. I had to figure out how everything went together with zero instructions/ directions, ect... Excuse me for maybe cutting a corner or two, and maybe having to rig a thing or two to make it work. I'm no master mechanic and I did my best! And you know what, it was perfect the entire time I owned it. Minus the very minor oil leak that I could never seem to resolve.

Onto the clutch, I warned you before buying the car that the clutch would slip upon aggressive shifting. During the test drive, I drove the car hard with no slipping of the clutch. You did slip it while shifting it hard. The clutch was fine if you drove it right. I know that sounds dumb, but the TQ that the car was putting down obviously exceeded the stage one limit (270ft/lb)

It pisses me off that you come on here and try to trash talk me. I never claimed this car to be perfect or forced you to buy it.

Play nice boys!
If there are to be more exchanges between the two of you, it had better be via PM.

Now, back OT.
I know where Indian River Rd. is. :) We used to own a beach house in Sandbridge Beach.

Harsh words

Just so you know, that turbo kit was THE FIRST kit ever sold by nautilus performance and THE FIRST customer installed kit. Excuse me for not installing everything perfect. I had to figure out how everything went together with zero instructions/ directions, ect... Excuse me for maybe cutting a corner or two, and maybe having to rig a thing or two to make it work. I'm no master mechanic and I did my best! And you know what, it was perfect the entire time I owned it. Minus the very minor oil leak that I could never seem to resolve.

Onto the clutch, I warned you before buying the car that the clutch would slip upon aggressive shifting. During the test drive, I drove the car hard with no slipping of the clutch. You did slip it while shifting it hard. The clutch was fine if you drove it right. I know that sounds dumb, but the TQ that the car was putting down obviously exceeded the stage one limit (270ft/lb)

It pisses me off that you come on here and try to trash talk me. I never claimed this car to be perfect or forced you to buy it.

Hey man im not trash talking you i just stating that if somebody drives 1500 miles you would think that all the issues with the car (like the clutch not being strong enough and the oil leak) would of been worked out before i got there especially for what i paid for the car...im not trash talking im just saying that it could of been done better thats all...and soon it will all be right..thats all..

Hey man im not trash talking you i just stating that if somebody drives 1500 miles you would think that all the issues with the car (like the clutch not being strong enough and the oil leak) would of been worked out before i got there especially for what i paid for the car...im not trash talking im just saying that it could of been done better thats all...and soon it will all be right..thats all..

Hey man I hope you get that thing up and running by the time I come back in town. I've always liked that car but I think it'd look better with E1's on it though. Don't worry I have a set I can give you and I'd help dispose of the wheels that are on there now:laugh:

Hey man I hope you get that thing up and running by the time I come back in town. I've always liked that car but I think it'd look better with E1's on it though. Don't worry I have a set I can give you and I'd help dispose of the wheels that are on there now:laugh:

Humm we could always talk business bout the wheels...i actually want to stuff some 19"er's under there!!!bigger the better is what i always heard...and i think next weekend im gona re rack the car and hopefully i now it taking for ever to do but button this thang up and dyno it...i hoping that we blow the motor so that i can put the 3L in there!!!then put down some real numbers...

Humm we could always talk business bout the wheels...i actually want to stuff some 19"er's under there!!!bigger the better is what i always heard...and i think next weekend im gona re rack the car and hopefully i now it taking for ever to do but button this thang up and dyno it...i hoping that we blow the motor so that i can put the 3L in there!!!then put down some real numbers...

if you blow the motor and want a 3.0 with forged internals, gimme a shout. i am thinking of moving on.

BTW, the oil issue is definitely the turbo, not the motor. After replacing the drain line, it seems better but is still pushing oil past the compressor gasket. Ugh.

Ha I have to get the suspension and brakes done first but I've a heard bigger isn't better. It actually slows the car down a few ticks, but probably nothing too noticeable. I'll be back in town next Sunday. When would be a good time for me to stop by?

if you blow the motor and want a 3.0 with forged internals, gimme a shout. i am thinking of moving on.

BTW, the oil issue is definitely the turbo, not the motor. After replacing the drain line, it seems better but is still pushing oil past the compressor gasket. Ugh.

How much for the 3.0 with forged internals and do you have reciepts for the internals...but i am deffinatly interested

LilCe98----hey lets see next sunday is the 15th,...when will you have all hte parts that your wanting replaced?? Umm.. hows the weekend of the 20th-22nd?? thata couple weeks away..let me know whats good for you and we can make it happen..!!!

How much for the 3.0 with forged internals and do you have reciepts for the internals...but i am deffinatly interested

LilCe98----hey lets see next sunday is the 15th,...when will you have all hte parts that your wanting replaced?? Umm.. hows the weekend of the 20th-22nd?? thata couple weeks away..let me know whats good for you and we can make it happen..!!!

Thanks fine just let me know. I should have all the parts by the end of the week. I'm looking into getting some strut mounts as well.

So in the future I want to port match a 3L, so I am looking early to buy the engine, anyone know anyplace worthwhile around to check out?
All Im finding is stuff in the 700-1000 range but I know theres cheaper ones out there.

Back