• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone want my contour?

superrandomguy

New CEG'er
anyone?

6 grand...just steal it from me and leave the money :)

but seriously...its got 75k miles and a bum syncro on a brand new BAT transmission (w/torsen lsd), I'm tired of it.

that reminds me i should talk to BAT about that...**just emailed terry haines about it**

lots of extras well worth the money

Last edited:
Either the trans was fugged from BAT or you can't drive.

I'd contact BAT about a warranty if it is that new.

probably me

probably me

i had a little shifting incident a while back...but it didnt have anything to do with 3rd gear. all other gears are fine, i just messed up my pressure plate.

my guess on it was i might have been too hard on it too soon, but its just kinda weird that one day it was fine and when i got it back from LBR to fix my pressue plate, the syncro problem was immidate. fluid maybe?

i'm pretty sure branden and rob didnt do anything wrong because theyre awesome...so I'll just assume it was something i did.

BAT said i'm SOL and need to get it fixed by hms...no warranty on the trans.

we didnt open the trans, wasnt us...
why dont people believe that these cars break that easy?! i blew out a 3rd like hundreds of others on these boards, a diff too with a whopping 205hp to the wheels!

i thought you would last longer than that jorden, but its not surprising...let me know what you end up doing

i'm just gonna get as much money for it as i can...probably get a mazda...

doesnt take too much convincinig that these cars break easily after how many times I've had to fix it...haha

ah well

doesnt take too much convincinig that these cars break easily after how many times I've had to fix it...haha

Already posted on Craigslist I see...........http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/213427380.html

Car does not break easily, people break them. I've owned mine almost 7yrs and have not had any major issues.

The C-SVT's major weakness was the open diff shattering but no one had a problem unless they were dumping their clutch at 4K continiously. It's not a drag car! Rod Bearings were another failure on Ford's part, but 6qts of oil and avoiding sweeping right handed turns at 5,000+ rpm kept many a car from failing.

I've dumped my clutch more than a handful of times to get a decent burn-out, still no tans problems. Being able to modulate the clutch helps as you want wheel spin, not wheel hop.

i never did do a whole lot of clutch dumping...and never from something crazy like 4k rpm.

my differential failed at a really random time in a parking lot going 5mph...strange stuff.

i dont think it was ever replaced and the car had 2 previous owners so who knows what kinda wear it had even before i beat it up.

Back