• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can you beat this?

I hope by posted minimum speed limit you mean the actual speed limit and not the minimum they show under it. Around here interstates are 65 with a minimum of 45. If you are doing 45 in a 65 you are either 80+ years old, your car is 60+ years old, you are mentally handicapped, or you are stoned.:rolleyes:

I hope by posted minimum speed limit you mean the actual speed limit and not the minimum they show under it. Around here interstates are 65 with a minimum of 45. If you are doing 45 in a 65 you are either 80+ years old, your car is 60+ years old, you are mentally handicapped, or you are stoned.:rolleyes:

I mean the minimum minimum! I'm not 80 plus, the SVT isn't 60 plus years either, I don't do drugs, but I might be mentally handicapped for trying to get 600 miles out of 1 SVT tank of gas. :p

You forget getting road head.

For me, this is not true. I get nothing in the car or at home when going minimum speeds. My wife HATES it when I chug along with her in the car! :laugh: I bet if I did 85 plus this evening with her in the car, I'd get whatever I want, as long as I want, and wherever I want as a reward though. :D Still not worth ruining a record tank of gas though. Oh well. Maybe I really am mentally hanicapped? :laugh:

Figured this fits this thread
Michael-Jackson-Beat-It-349817.jpg

Still not worth ruining a record tank of gas though. Oh well. Maybe I really am mentally hanicapped? :laugh:

I think that should be added to the you might be a CEGer if....

wow...a true enthusiast, going the extra mile (pun intended) and not even getting any for this record. Maybe when you do set the record maybe you could use that as collateral?:laugh:

I hope by posted minimum speed limit you mean the actual speed limit and not the minimum they show under it. Around here interstates are 65 with a minimum of 45.

And so whats wrong with doing 45? They're meeting the legal obligation at 45 so who are you to try and push them around in order to get them going faster?

And so whats wrong with doing 45? They're meeting the legal obligation at 45 so who are you to try and push them around in order to get them going faster?
I must admit that I would be entirely infuriated if I encountered an individual traveling 45mph in a 65 mph zone...It was bad enough following someone today going 25mph in a 45mph zone...:mad:

But they'd be going 45 in a 45-65 zone with multiple lanes for you to pass them at your leisure. You'd have no right to mad about anything.

I tried shifting at 2k in my ZETEC and I can not do it, never going to happen :eek:

lol I did that with my SVT yesterday. I got about 20 ft in 1st before I had to shift :laugh:

but once at speed it wasn't to bad. but then again I was driving local roads, not on the highway.

But they'd be going 45 in a 45-65 zone with multiple lanes for you to pass them at your leisure. You'd have no right to mad about anything.

werd
I think people forget that the 65 is the MAX you can go.

but it doesn't surprise me Ian that you'd say something like that - you Masshole. ;)
enjoy your lovely insurance rates. :p

If they're doing 45, they ARE in the way. If i can't get around them, there will be pushing involved. I mean...come on:rolleyes:. Sure it's fun the conserve gas, but not on the highway or interstate.

And my MAX speed is like 140, the SPEED LIMIT is 65.

If they're doing 45, they ARE in the way. If i can't get around them, there will be pushing involved. I mean...come on:rolleyes:. Sure it's fun the conserve gas, but not on the highway or interstate.

And my MAX speed is like 140, the SPEED LIMIT is 65.

someone needs to chill out behind the wheel .... as do I ... :blackeye:

Back