• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

clock

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
ok i have a 99 svt tour with out a dash clock. its just says contour and has the red blinking light. can i put a dash clock in the space? are the wires there for the clock?

yes i did mine last week,got the clock from the wreking yard for a couple of bucks and wired it into the radio and the dimmer switch.
its easy and took about 20 min.

I have a 2000, and scavenged one from a local junk yard, and insalled it within an hour. The bulb was burnt out, so I got a new one from the FoMoCo dealer for less than a chocolate bar.
Only thing was when I was trying to remove the little vinyl green cover from teh old bulb, I ripped it to shreds. Clear green model paint from a hobby store fixed that, and now it lights up and mtches the other gauges at night.
check out page 6 or 7 of the "Whore your car for the new board" thread in pics and vids to see what it looks like in the dash.

I have a 2000, and scavenged one from a local junk yard, and insalled it within an hour. The bulb was burnt out, so I got a new one from the FoMoCo dealer for less than a chocolate bar.
Only thing was when I was trying to remove the little vinyl green cover from teh old bulb, I ripped it to shreds. Clear green model paint from a hobby store fixed that, and now it lights up and mtches the other gauges at night.
check out page 6 or 7 of the "Whore your car for the new board" thread in pics and vids to see what it looks like in the dash.

Here, I found this...the clock at night among other things...

ContourInt0251.jpg

Back