• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CrazyTalkSVT's old Contour Refresh

midnightsvt

Official CEG Vendor
Hey guys, I just picked up CrazyTalkSVT's old bagged Contour. It is surprisingly in great shape (minus a few little things like the hood, the rear bumper, some dents, and minor scuff/scratches). In this thread, I will keep an up-to-date photo of the car as it goes through the refreshing process. I am so glad I was able to pick it up and get it for such a good price. Hope you guys are as excited as I am!

ht0vty3.jpg

nlsPv0C.jpg

WC03D7d.jpg

CtN1OL2.jpg

XkUm8th.jpg

Wow i thought it was going to be beat for the price i seen it on craigs for last. Nice pickup.

So did I! I was honestly surprised at how awesome of shape the paint was in. The wheels look like they were painted black and then whoever did it decided they didn't like it and tried to remove it. The steel skirts have seen better days but that is one of the many things that will be taken care of in this refresh. Dash warp is nasty but I know a guy with a warp fixed tan dash. The door panels were spray painted black and are just horrendous. Other than that, she just needs a deep cleaning and she will (hopefully) be back to her former glory.

I hope to bring her back to that. I have thought about different wheels for the car, but the more I look at older photos, the more I like them. I will be running them for now (until I can afford new ones if I decide to go that route).

Hey guys! Little update here. I replaced my blower motor resistor and now enjoy all the fan speeds! It is very nice. Next, I changed out some bulbs with LEDs here and there. I was going to put in a relay to fix the hyper flash but decided I want to go to with resistors instead. Also, I bought a gauge cluster from a Mystique and pulled the clear needles off of them. Then I got them painted by my father with Kandy blue paint. I also put in my glow gauges and still need to wire it up. Here is a before and after picture of the gauges. Hope you guys like it!

yuu0tOZ.jpg

cpoW7zh.jpg

Here is another photo with my new euro style plate. More to come once I finish a set of projectors for a fellow enthusiast!

IGQedPW.jpg

Just an update. Had time to spare while waiting for epoxy to dry. I threw the wheel covers back on to see how I like them and let me say, they make the car and wheels look 100 times better. I also threw on hood support struts (or whatever you want to call them) so I could ditch the prop rod. Can't wait for summer to come so I can show this car off!

25266807945_4b0827970b_b.jpg

25266808795_4119138a35_b.jpg

25266810455_7c4f3508a6_b.jpg

I like it but IM gonna be honest, I don't like the look with the mirko..but to each their own :)

Other than that its very fresh to def!!!.. I've gotta ask is that a mondeo front bumper? I don't recalled a normal contour having a cutout like that in it..

I like it but IM gonna be honest, I don't like the look with the mirko..but to each their own :)

Other than that its very fresh to def!!!.. I've gotta ask is that a mondeo front bumper? I don't recalled a normal contour having a cutout like that in it..

Yeah, it is a Mondeo ST200 bumper. You can search CrazyTalkSVT on google and find a lot about this car. The splitter is a Mach 1 splitter and I love the way it looks. I am going to try and get the splitter paint matched.

I think that chin spoiler being bent up a bit is what's killing the look of the nose. Maybe just put a new one on. As far as paint matching; if it's flexible plastic like most chin spoilers are...nothing is gonna stay on there...regardless of good prep, good adhesion promoter, good paint....unless you NEVER bump it. No pressure. Haha

I think that chin spoiler being bent up a bit is what's killing the look of the nose. Maybe just put a new one on. As far as paint matching; if it's flexible plastic like most chin spoilers are...nothing is gonna stay on there...regardless of good prep, good adhesion promoter, good paint....unless you NEVER bump it. No pressure. Haha

I couldn't agree more.. Lol Painted a lip on a lowered car is ASKING for trouble... But he should be good he's bagged. Just raise it over ever bump :p

Putting a new splitter on won't change anything. The bumper itself has that shape and is going to make any splittler like that look bent.

Yeah unless you cut it to that shape in the middle. I had the same crappy look when I tried an EZLip off eBay on my spare stock bumper. Just afraid to tear up my molded CF ED splitter front bumper while just cruising. Paint ain't gonna last though...no matter what you do. Unless they make a gloss black chin spoiler. I am by no means dissing you or the car...I like that car a lot. Just trying to help man.

Yeah unless you cut it to that shape in the middle. I had the same crappy look when I tried an EZLip off eBay on my spare stock bumper. Just afraid to tear up my molded CF ED splitter front bumper while just cruising. Paint ain't gonna last though...no matter what you do. Unless they make a gloss black chin spoiler. I am by no means dissing you or the car...I like that car a lot. Just trying to help man.

I know lol. I don't think I will be changing it at all. The only option that I would consider is the one that is on ebay that is designed for the euro bumper. Other wise it is staying cause I like it lol

Back