• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Elite Motorsports - South Saint Paul

gameOVER

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone know anything about this place? the seem to always have WRX's and STI's at pretty good prices on craigslist...I've tried doing some research and found out the might have been a different company before?

found some mixed reviews but its hard to tell whats real and whats fake. I've never called and they don't have a website. i know some of you guys are located around the area and just wanted to know if you know anything..

I'll have to register to read it later. Yeah I've heard some things that they have bad titles and there all chopped up. They do have an A- rating from the MN BBB.

I'll have to register to read it later. Yeah I've heard some things that they have bad titles and there all chopped up. They do have an A- rating from the MN BBB.

That is basically what the 131 page thread is about. They buy wrecked cars, fix them up and sell them as clean titled vehicles. I.e. someone they know rolls a car or something and instead of having insurance pay out on the car they buy it and fix it....that way it doesn't get the salvaged title on record. And they also do some shotty work it would appear.

I had my Cougar dyno tuned there a few years back when it was a 3L hybrid. The dyno was fine. I didn't have any complaints. They were one of the sponsors at a car show I used to put on with some friends and we never had any issues with them.

If you were going there just for a dyno run you should be fine.

I had my Cougar dyno tuned there a few years back when it was a 3L hybrid. The dyno was fine. I didn't have any complaints. They were one of the sponsors at a car show I used to put on with some friends and we never had any issues with them.

If you were going there just for a dyno run you should be fine.

This is a different Elite... http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...wKyYbTLKua79cOh6ZoakFQ&cbp=12,274.28,,0,21.02

I've driven past this place and seen them cleaning cars outside. Didn't realize it was a car "dealer" though, as they don't have an actual lot. Seems like a sketchy operation.

This is a different Elite... http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...wKyYbTLKua79cOh6ZoakFQ&cbp=12,274.28,,0,21.02

I've driven past this place and seen them cleaning cars outside. Didn't realize it was a car "dealer" though, as they don't have an actual lot. Seems like a sketchy operation.

wow, thanks for posting that. i was thinking about checking out a WRX there but i think ill past..too many red flags, besides if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is :)

I've seen companies commit outright fraud and keep their A or A+ rating. They will only lose it if people report things directly to the BBB and they make conclusive findings. Just saying... Not saying you will have a problem... just saying BBB isn't always a reliable source.

Back