• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine parts

contourdude

New CEG'er
Are all oil pans universal for the 2.5's? Also, tell me what this is and where to get another one.
When you remove the plastic in front of the uim, (under neath where is says duratech 24v) there is a metal (sensor??) It is just to the right of the oil cap.. Any help would be great. ALso, can i mount se heads on the svt block if i get them plained??

Are all oil pans universal for the 2.5's? Also, tell me what this is and where to get another one.
When you remove the plastic in front of the uim, (under neath where is says duratech 24v) there is a metal (sensor??) It is just to the right of the oil cap.. Any help would be great. ALso, can i mount se heads on the svt block if i get them plained??

Ummm. Not sure. All the Duratec 2.5 oil pans should fit, though I think there were minor changes. Not my best area, though.

Is the "sensor" a small box-looking thing? Could be the IMRC (the thing that controls the secondaries.)

There is more to the SVT heads than a deck shaving. Not even sure that's a good idea, or necessary. Would fit without that, but you certainly won't get "SVT Performance" out of SE heads with just a shaving.

..Is the "sensor" a small box-looking thing? Could be the IMRC (the thing that controls the secondaries.)
..QUOTE]

Yes, it is. Intake Manifold Runner Control. In post98s, the WP cover has the Duratec 24 V written on it.

Last edited:
Back