• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

focus zetec part

epicpwn

CEG'er
ok well i was just wana make sure cuz everything ive read says that you can put focus piston rods ext and non svt cams

I used Focus pistons and rods in my old turbo Contour build. you have to use both the rods and pistons because they are slightly different sizes compared to the stock Contour pieces (the overall length/size of the parts is the same though).

since you have VCT, the only way you could use Focus cams would be to swap in a focus head (which if you are swapping pistons then you might as well). of course, at that point, you would be better off buying a used Focus block and building it instead of starting with the Contique block (you would still have to use the Contique oil pan). then you would have to tune out the VCT.

since you have VCT, the only way you could use Focus cams would be to swap in a focus head (which if you are swapping pistons then you might as well). of course, at that point, you would be better off buying a used Focus block and building it instead of starting with the Contique block (you would still have to use the Contique oil pan). then you would have to tune out the VCT.

is there any advantage of using a Focus block over a contique block?

is there any advantage of using a Focus block over a contique block?

no, the 98+ Contique blocks are the same as the Focus blocks. now the pre98 Contique blocks are different. they dont have a 2 piece cradle/oil pan setup, the main caps are huge (larger than even the billet caps that are sold), and the water pump is different. there are some other minor differences as well i believe.

Back