• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford TSB issued "with fix" for dimming headlamp/interior lights!

Could this also be the reason why I cant install H.I.D's in my Contour. I was running 12 volts according to my voltometer but the H.I.D's would never ignite. Yet it was no problem in my Dad's explorer...

And I never knew this was an issue either, I just thought my alternator was about to die.

Let me know how the part turns out, I've been putting this off for far too long and I'm curious if it's really worth the cash for that eyelet or if I should just buy something similar at the hardware store. Could you be kind enough to measure it and provide pics? The procedure seems easy enough (I got the TSB and posted it on NECO, not sure if you got it from my post or another) but I had a hell of a time getting that 1-wire harness out of the alt even with the car up on a lift.

Basically what causes this is the fact that they used a puny wire to go from the alt to the load sensing circuit and it fails most every time. They actually removed said load sensing circuit and wire in 01-02 Cougar's (hence the different alt).

Back