• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

funny 16yr old with his first truck

tigerbalm

Veteran CEG'er
I just thought someone else might get a kick out of what my g/f brother is saying. He has a 2004 toyota tacoma v6, and he swears up and down that he can beat me in a race. All because his truck has this ECT button that gives it a sportier shift when engaged ( higher shift points and quicker shift) he says. So after listening to his crap for about a month i've decided to go with him to the drag strip and put some money on it. I want him to learn a lesson, but how much money should i take from him since it is my g/f's younger brother after all.

All the ECT button does is it allows the transmission to shift at a higher rpm. Doesnt really make to much of a difference. :shrug: $50 bucks? :cool:

:shrug: $50 bucks? :cool:

thats about what i was thinking. The best part is if he doesn't pay up i can just deduct it from his pay at his job that i got him lol. I usually split things down the middle with him but I will get my money :).

is 2004 the newest version? my friend had a 06 vvti tacoma 6 speed that absolutly flew! one the fastest trucks ive seen in a while.

no i think the style changed in 05 or 06 as well as the engine. the 04 has a 3.4L and the newer style and the xrunner have a 4.0L. The truck does have a decent power to weight ratio. i think its got a 190hp but cant remember the weight.

put down $50, you will rock him at the track, that motor has more torque than yours, but less horsepower, in a heavier vehicle, plus your have the advantage in gear ratio and high end power, he might take you off the line, but once you hit 2nd gear you will pull on him.

Hate to play devil's advocate here but if he's got the S-Runner Xtracab, he's only 60lbs heavier than you with 5 less hp, but 55ft/lbs more tq. If you were going up against another car with those numbers, I would say you were likely to lose. But with it being a truck, I'd call it a driver's race - make us proud. :cool:

http://autos.msn.com/research/compa...3&i=0&ph1=t0&ph2=t0&tb=0&dt=0&v=t363&v=t98435

nahh its an automatic 2 wheel drive prerunner. I'm going to try and get a vid person though. I've got my cars rear in the air trying to fix my e-brake hanging a little, and putting poly bushings in.

Just remember: When you were 16 you thought you could score Pamela Anderson AND Carmen Electra whenever you got yourself pumped up and in that mindset.

Doesn't mean you COULD, but you sure thought you could.

My point is.. he's 16... he's going to be a dummy, and benefitting from that isn't a great thing. Teach him his lesson, by all means.. even bet him the money... but when he loses, make him buy you lunch or something in a good show of friendliness and teach him that he COULD have been out $50 for not thinking before he speaks.

I'm with Ray. Bet as much as you want, but don't collect it in full. That way you come across as a generous guy and he will remember not to ever bet against you again. LOL

a bet is a bet, teach him to be a man and make him pay up if you win, but go easy and only bet him $20...afterall, he is only 16 :) this way, you're helping him build some integrity.

yeah i've done the bet thing and then he just pays for some food or a movie thing plenty with this one. I just think he wants to win one bet against me no matter what lol.

There you go.. spend 300 bucks, install the thing, then massacre him to win $100.. hahahaha

LMao :laugh:

Just bet him 50 dollars The money is nothing compared to the bragging rights you will have aftwerwards.

Back