• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman Track Day

So we are down to 3 at most... And I know I would not be comfortable if I essentially became a rolling chicane, constantly driving in my mirrors to stay out of the way of people who are there for a purpose other than fun.

I am also thinking this is not happening.

Guys, I certainly understand that there those of you that don't want to feel like you're being pushed around the track but at the same time if you want to push your car hard and have a lot of fun this could still be a great opportunity to do so. If no other Contours are showing up then I will drive the G37.

if people dont want to go this route, i can push the rally up to noon so that anyone that wanted to go fast could go to the drag strip with plenty of time friday night. just tossing that out there

^ I'm liking that idea.

I really am leaning to not race at Gingerman. I like the enthusiasm of the couple others interested in Gingerman, but the added price, and that we will be "in the way" of other drivers doesn't sound great to me. I was hoping for just a group of Contours Cougars and a couple random cars to enjoy the track as a whole.

I'm in for the auto-x and rally 100% for sure. I just need a navigator co-pilot or I can co-pilot for someone else for the rally.

Well since this isn't happening guess it saves some $ I really wanted to be on the track with some other SVTC. Anyone that's interested and I know none will be there is a track day at CMP me and a group of friends are going to on august3-4th great track it's $275 for two day or $200 just for one.

Well since this isn't happening guess it saves some $ I really wanted to be on the track with some other SVTC.

No one called this off yet.....

What's our list:
-boumacj
-blu_fuz
-SVOFANATIC
-SoundQ SVT

Are there really no cougar owners that want to run at Gingerman?

Exactly. Being that this would be my first time out on a road course, I don't think the circumstances are conducive to my skill level and comfort. And since we have two autocross sessions this weekend anyway, I'll have lots of seat time regardless, in an environment I'm way more familiar with.

I would consider going if we were guaranteed our own run group, but I think we would need at least 10, if not 15 of us to make that request. Right now I think we are in the 4-5 range but I really don't know how many Cougar owners would be participating.

I agree with Bob on this. I think we are going to be 200hp less than a lot of the people will be running. We will constantly have to be watching and getting in the way. I would say almost dangerous for us with that group. Not that I don't like some danger, but paying that kind of $$ and not enjoy it to the fullest would be a waste.

My final answer:
For the original $150 and knowing that we will be in the way of other racers, I will still track at Gingerman.

If the price goes up, I'm out. Not just because of the price, but because I won't be able to run 100%, so why spend more.

Back