• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got a speeding ticket in yreka, ca

my fault. wasnt keeping an eye on the speedo. my question is i was on 5 i was hauling a trailer with my zetec contour cause im moving. law in california says we have to do 55 mph pulling a trailer well a highway patrol was goin south and i was goin north and i guess caught me on the highway speeding doin 77mph thats what he said. anyways my question is how much is this fine gonna be im just curious im not sure if you guys know. im suppose to be waiting in the mail for how much the fine is. the highway i beleive u can go 70 mph but with a trailer it's 55 mph. i know its my fault but im just asking what this ticket gonna cost. thanks

Did he actually clock you? or he jsut said that you were going that speed? if he didn't use a speedo I would fight it

he said i was doin 77mph im guessing i dont remember hear him sayin he clocked me. my sister was following me. i said to her i didnt even see him. she said he was on the other side of the highway then saw me and turned around. i just moved to wa.

last ticket i got cost 127 bucks for going 41 in a 30

and no i was not zooming through a school zone! stupid random switch from 35 to 30mph on a long straight stretch!!!

mmmm, speed trap

When I got my ticket pulling a trailer going 75 in a 55 it was only 114. That was in Sacramento county.

What part of WA did you move to.

if he was moving; you can fight it - any speed tagging must be done by the officer stopped - also, he can't get you by speed matching either because he was comign the other direction...

were there any other cars on the road? maybe state he tagged one of them because "it's insane to think that you'd be pulling a trailer in a contour at 77mph" ;) (the judge may agree with you)

if he was moving; you can fight it - any speed tagging must be done by the officer stopped - also, he can't get you by speed matching either because he was comign the other direction...

were there any other cars on the road? maybe state he tagged one of them because "it's insane to think that you'd be pulling a trailer in a contour at 77mph" ;) (the judge may agree with you)
too tell you the truth i dunno how fast i was goin i know i been goin over 70 mph

go to court and say exactly what was said on here. that he was moving, he was going the opposite way. what ever else you can think of. Or you can pay it and have the point on your record. your call

The only way to fight it from Washington would be to do a trial by declaration. You would need to send a letter to the court requesting the forms. On them you write your version of what happened and mail them in at least 5 days prior to your court date. Then the officer has 30 days to respond. If he doesn't, the ticket is dismissed. If he does, then both arguements go to a judge to decide and you will typically get the result within about 6 weeks.

Or you can pay it and take traffic school to get the point removed...

Is traffic school an option for you? You could pay the ticket, go to traffic school online; no points on your driving record. My 2 cents.

Back