• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got a speeding ticket in yreka, ca

Like I stated before, you can fight it from there. You just need to do a trial by declaration. If you look on the back of your original citation, it should list the steps to take in order to do so. At the very least, you should be able to get an extention of the court date or fine.

trial by mail

trial by mail

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi

go there and select traffic infractions then print out a tr-205 and fill it out and send it in with your check.

I've never completed the process, but apparently after you send that in theres another form you get or something...basically trial by mail.

I'm doing it for my latest infraction, dunno if it works, but its worth a shot!

worst case you pay the fine, best case...the cop doesnt respond to it and you get your money back.

from what i hear, doing trial by mail is better because the cop doesnt get paid to make a court appearance, so it's an all around inconvenience for him.

also i believe you can do an appeal if you dont like the outcome of the first virdict, via mail as well :)...that would be the "trial de novo" form (tr-220)

on my tr-205 i drew a little diagram of what happened and some lame excuse as to why i should be let off the hook. you have a better chance of a cop not responding than of actually convincing the judge that you weren't at fault.

good luck!

First off - What EXACTLY does the citation say? How did the officer clock your speed? (it'll be on the ticket).

If he clocked you using radar, you're pretty much screwed to the pooch.

How long ago did you get it? Bear in mind you might want to CALL them JIC it gets lost in the mail or what not - Washington will nail you for driving on a suspened if you don't get it sorted fast.

Back