• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Great price on Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Amamzon has the Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit for $15.95. Shipping is free if you spend over $25.00

Only 5 left in stock so hurry up and get it.

Linky.

The Mothers kit at Wal-Mart is really a bargain.... I feel it's a better quality product all the way around. While the Meg's Smooth Surface kit offers a little more flash, it's a sub-par microfiber towel and the cleaner wax isn't as good... and personally, I don't like working with small bars.

The Mothers kit at Wal-Mart is really a bargain.... I feel it's a better quality product all the way around. While the Meg's Smooth Surface kit offers a little more flash, it's a sub-par microfiber towel and the cleaner wax isn't as good... and personally, I don't like working with small bars.

But the meguiar's kit comes with the towel (where the mother's doesn't) and two smaller clay bars instead of one larger one. I've been able to do two cars with a meguiar's kit with an addition of more detailer. Who uses the cleaner wax that comes with them anyways ;)

I dont like the meguiars clay at all, or the zaino. The best I have found is the blue clay magic bar.

Meguiars just doesnt seem to work as well, the zaino just falls apart when using it.

I dont use any of the extra stuff that comes with them either, just drop the clay in the wash bucket and run it over the car each section at a time while you are doing your normal washing.

I know thats not what the directions say, but I used to detail at a honda/audi/porsche dealer and thats how we did it....saves ALOT of time!

I dont like the meguiars clay at all, or the zaino. The best I have found is the blue clay magic bar.

Meguiars just doesnt seem to work as well, the zaino just falls apart when using it.

I dont use any of the extra stuff that comes with them either, just drop the clay in the wash bucket and run it over the car each section at a time while you are doing your normal washing.

I know thats not what the directions say, but I used to detail at a honda/audi/porsche dealer and thats how we did it....saves ALOT of time!

What i do is have a Seperate bucket for the clay bar if im doing it this way so there for im not useing my wash soap thats all dirty with my clay bar..
Just put some Car wash soap and water into a bucks like he said and go to town..But Meguirs clay bars didnt do the job for me..Clay magic may be more money but well worth it in the end..

I believe the blue clay from any manufacturer is the softest clay and red is the hardest, Im not sure about the meguiars as its white. If you ask me, I say the softer the better

It takes a little bit to get the mothers warmed up and soft but it seemed to work good for me.

Last edited:
Well I used Maguiar's clay bar this evening, it worked great. I used it on my gf's tC. At first the car's surface was really rough, then in the end it was very smooth and clean. The clay got really soft after 10 min and it really bugs me because is really sitcky.

Well I used Maguiar's clay bar this evening, it worked great. I used it on my gf's tC. At first the car's surface was really rough, then in the end it was very smooth and clean. The clay got really soft after 10 min and it really bugs me because is really sitcky.

You used a detailer spray....right?

Back