• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Great price on Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit

I dont like the meguiars clay at all, or the zaino. The best I have found is the blue clay magic bar.

Meguiars just doesnt seem to work as well, the zaino just falls apart when using it.

I dont use any of the extra stuff that comes with them either, just drop the clay in the wash bucket and run it over the car each section at a time while you are doing your normal washing.

I know thats not what the directions say, but I used to detail at a honda/audi/porsche dealer and thats how we did it....saves ALOT of time!

well I used to work for budget rent a car (waits for the ooohs and ahhhs to die down) and we used to use the window squeegee to dry off washed cars...thats saved alot of time too but....

I have a water blade I use to "dry" my cars off. Its fast and you dont have to worry about anything from the towel messing with the paint.

Time saving is one thing, but I have a detailer friend who has on occasion had to polish a car damaged by blades.

I say don't do it -- a quality towel is worth having.

well I used to work for budget rent a car (waits for the ooohs and ahhhs to die down) and we used to use the window squeegee to dry off washed cars...thats saved alot of time too but....

I only use the window squeegee for the windows... I had a squeegee that was made for the rest of the car and it left surface scratches so I stopped using it.

Back