• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GROUP BUY: Duraflex Mirko Splitter official GB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a status update on this. Who has deposits in, when is the last day for deposits (i already sent mine but for others), what is the schedule like to get these etc...

hey guys, stupid busy these past few weeks. busiest time of the year right now.

anywho, just updated the tread with the latest payment received. only one since the last member was added to the list.

i need the deposits in NOW. ill make the cut-off the end of the month.

no, they wont start anything until they receive a check from me for the entire deposit amount needed.

I wonder whats going on with the payments and such??? Has duraflex started on these?

- amyn

only one more person sent in their deposit since i last updated the list. ED wont start the new mold until they have the $$ in their hands.

How many deposits have you received so far? I'll be paypal'ing you tomorrow.

the list is updated. if you want in, send your deposit in NOW. we need all those people who said they'd be in, to send their money in. or it will hold up everyone else.

I'd also like to send you a deposit if there is room for one more???

sure is. ill keep it open till the end of the month. that's just a little under a week from now.

What is going on with this? Is there going to be a date we need deposits in by?

yes sir. 6 more days!

Well what about the bumpers? I'd rather buy a bumper with the splitter molded in if that is an option... this is why I have not sent in any payment. Hell for a $100 or so more why not?? Any updates on that?? I haven't seen any comments from you in that thread basically since you started it...

Well what about the bumpers? I'd rather buy a bumper with the splitter molded in if that is an option... this is why I have not sent in any payment. Hell for a $100 or so more why not?? Any updates on that?? I haven't seen any comments from you in that thread basically since you started it...

sorry mate, just got to it. i really dont think it would be a good idea to throw a monkeywrench into this GB since the ball is already rolling on this. i stated some negatives and positives in that thread with my most recent post. many people have bumpers that are perfectly fine and dont want to have to buy another bumper and spend more $$, just to get a mirko.

Personally I'm in for either one. I've seen molded mirkos and they look sick but the ease of swapping the lip and not having to pay extra and paint extra is nice too. You're the one in charge of getting them made so to finalize this I would decide by this Friday if I were you. But that's just me. Then you can send the check out and they can get to making them. I've already got my deposit in regardless. My stock bumper is in good shape except for the lower left corner which the Mirko lip will cover up so w/e.

Oh, also, will the old Mirko skidplates work with these or do we not know yet?

The lip molded into the bumper IS NOT going to happen. Most people will not get it and Duraflex will need a minimum of X amount of people to start production.

Think about the problem we are having now with people paying a measly $150 bucks.....

and now imagine the problem we will have with people paying triple (at the least) that.

Point made :shrug: This is CEG aka the poor house.... not everyone but the majority.

I am by no means rich, but this is and will be a fact for CEG.... Unfortunately, why we have no aftermarket :blackeye:

- amyn

Personally I'm in for either one. I've seen molded mirkos and they look sick but the ease of swapping the lip and not having to pay extra and paint extra is nice too. You're the one in charge of getting them made so to finalize this I would decide by this Friday if I were you. But that's just me. Then you can send the check out and they can get to making them. I've already got my deposit in regardless. My stock bumper is in good shape except for the lower left corner which the Mirko lip will cover up so w/e.

Oh, also, will the old Mirko skidplates work with these or do we not know yet?

they should work. ill pass the note along and let them know that is a concern of ours.

The lip molded into the bumper IS NOT going to happen. Most people will not get it and Duraflex will need a minimum of X amount of people to start production.

Think about the problem we are having now with people paying a measly $150 bucks.....

and now imagine the problem we will have with people paying triple (at the least) that.

Point made :shrug: This is CEG aka the poor house.... not everyone but the majority.

I am by no means rich, but this is and will be a fact for CEG.... Unfortunately, why we have no aftermarket :blackeye:

- amyn

good points

Of what the splitter? There are a bazillion pics on here of Mirko splitters installed, go search or just use Google. Or browse the pics and videos thread.

X2 what Scotty said.

It would be great if the bottom will give us enough grab to install a Mirko Skidplate. I want to install my 2nd no matter what!

Also since Duraflex material (I dont think this matters for CF - me) seems like it will be more giving, we would want to make sure that once we put on the HEAVY skid plate it doesnt cause the bottom of the Duraflexed Mirko to bend and look weird.....

- amyn

Much as I'd love the full bumper, and would be in for it (my old one is still pretty mangled from the Mirko biting the dust), I think the splitter is the only way to go. From a realistic perspective, it reaches the widest audience: everyone already has a stock bumper (obviously) and could add a Mirko; not everyone would want to go through swapping bumpers. Add in that the lip is cheaper and for sale in the poorhouse (aka CEG), and it's a no brainer. :laugh:

yo so i this may be dumb and all, but im still new to all this car mod business. and one thing about all the GB thats been super frustrating on here is that everything is posted as if everyone already knows what the product does. so someone want to fill me in on what this does or why its worth getting? thanks

yo so i this may be dumb and all, but im still new to all this car mod business. and one thing about all the GB thats been super frustrating on here is that everything is posted as if everyone already knows what the product does. so someone want to fill me in on what this does or why its worth getting? thanks

I'm getting it because it looks badass. If you don't know what a Mirko splitter is then do a search or google it. With ANY GB thread if you don't know what something is then search and educate yourself about it.

Mirko Front splitter. Increases JDM TYTE Downforces! it Looks sick and once you put it on you gain like 95 W(heel)HP.

Couple Mirko Front splitters on the banner up top. And to get a sick look at search...... This GB is for a revised version made by Duraflex! So it is more forgiving (less chance to break).

Mainly it is for looks. I dont see many people tracking their contours....

- amyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back