• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hamilton?

Where would you go to get plastic welding done?

My skirts have a slight bit of damage, and the left side could probably use some repair since the tire shop that did my winter tires didn't jack it up properly and ofcourse the jack slipped. When I saw the jack peel the sideskirt halfway off the car, my girlfriend tells me that my face looked like I just watched my best friend get shot. They put it back on, but I'm sure it wasn't without some damage.

BTW that reminds me...

STAY AWAY FROM TOTAL TIRE ON CENTENNIAL PARKWAY. I think the total part means total idiots. I'm sure I got a bad tire from them because no matter how many times they tried to balance it, the damn thing still has a wobble to it. At first the manager tried to tell me it was the road, but I argued that all the roads didn't go bad while they had my car. Then another time I went back he tried to tell me it must be the wheel(because by putting on my spare I fixed the wobble), but I argued that the wheel was fine when I brought the car in, and it never wobbled before. They eventually lessened the wobble and put the bad tire on the rear, thinking I wouldn't notice because you can't feel it in the steering, but you still feel it in the back of the car. You can really notice the whole car moving weird when I'm rolling slow. So I decided that since I'm doing suspension etc in the spring that I'll leave it for now and never ever go back to that shop. I couldn't even follow what was going on in the shop because they all speak arabic, otherwise I could have interjected, having been an apprentice and having done many many tire jobs, I might have been able to help them get it right. Next time I decide to get used tires, I'm going to Gilberts on Barton, atleast those guys are honest rednecks like me.

There is a country boy (I forget his name) out in St. Jacobs that I use when something for the shop needs to get fixed. They have repaired a couple bumpers and tanks for us. So, I will be using him for that.

I hate it when shops do not know what they are doing. Thank goodness I'm blessed enough to know what I am doing and have a hoist of my own.

A friend of mine had his car fall off a hoist due to improper lifting on the garages part. He was compensated well, but nothing replaces the work and money you already had into a vehicle.

Mike

Yeah, a jack and stands I have, a tire machine and balancer I do not lol. Anything that does not call for heavy shop equipment, welder(I am certified but don't own one), or compressor, I usually do on my own.

There was a member before named keithr he got banned but he did amazing plastic welding and repairs...he fixed a svt front bumper for me that was a train wreck and made it look mint again, and he also made a set of smoothed svt skirts you can probably find some photos on here if you search good, I lost his phone number though..Aaron (SVT SNOB) has it Im sure

yup, I remember him. I bought my Mirco off of him. He did do good work. I plan on doing basically the same thing with my skirts.

Mike

Back