• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headlight?

Rubber cement is about the worst suggestion I've ever heard!

To prevent the fumes from adhesives I'll give you guys my trick. Leave the bulbs out; leave the vent tube rubber off; pop off the window where the level measure is and leave that open, let a slight breeze from a fan move over the light openings

If the chrome is fragile enough to be pulled off with tape, how do you think its going to react to rubbing it off with an adhesive?

Paint over it, or be more careful when you're masking it off... This is of course assuming you weren't so incredibly stupid enough to use anything but the most gentle painters tape.

Rubber cement is about the worst suggestion I've ever heard!

To prevent the fumes from adhesives I'll give you guys my trick. Leave the bulbs out; leave the vent tube rubber off; pop off the window where the level measure is and leave that open, let a slight breeze from a fan move over the light openings
the only thing i didnt do was have a fan blowing on it. I cant imagine a fan would make that much of a difference. :shrug:

Seriously? You think circulating air through the headlights instead of letting it sit stagnant is not going to help?

Seriously? You think circulating air through the headlights instead of letting it sit stagnant is not going to help?
i dont see how your going to actually get any significant amount of air actually through the headlights. if it really helps that much then i will try it next time. but thinking about it, the bench i had them sitting on was right under an AC vent (and yes the AC was on at the time)

if it works, great. ill try it next time.

used blue painters tape, not sure if that is the weakest, I thought it was.

I was sort of thinking that because rubber cement isn't sticky after dry, that one could rubb up the edge and peel it off like a beauty mask. I've used rubber cement this way, just not sure about the chrome.

and your right, a black reflector should do an excellent job of letting people know not to hit you during the day.

I have another way around this, but it'll cost more. cut up a bezel and use the reflector from it over the original bezel. Now with 33% more PITA!!!

i dont see how your going to actually get any significant amount of air actually through the headlights. if it really helps that much then i will try it next time. but thinking about it, the bench i had them sitting on was right under an AC vent (and yes the AC was on at the time)

if it works, great. ill try it next time.

Something worked for me (8+ times) and not for you, so maybe.

Chrome, graphite, black. The only colors that look good. Of course the graphite and black only look good on black cars.

Sorry, I don't consider SE's when I post; only SVTs as thats all I had interest in.

I did silfro set - looked stupid.

Back