• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser

CEG'er
Hey guys, a good friend of mine is a dealer for HID kits and I was able to convince him into lowering his pricing for 9006 Contour kits. The kit includes, the wiring harness with relay, two ballasts with mounting tray and your choice of color bulb. I already hooked this kit up on a local Contour to ensure fit and quality. They installed incredibly easily with regular hand tools in about 20 minutes. The price is $205 shipped including paypal charges. More information can be found at www.mobilehid.com where the buy will take place. A separate page will be generated if we get at least 5 people who are interested so don't order yet or you'll be paying full price. These will ship immediately and will not break down in price any further. Please respond in this thread if you are interested in a set. Thanks.

God damn that is cheap as hell. I was gonna get the $450 ones from xenondepot soon down the road, but for this price I HAVE to jump on these! What are the quality of these things? I'd hate to see something go wrong and be SOL. :shrug: :cool:

At least it has a 1 year warranty.

There is a one year warranty on the entire set up. I've been on this board since 01 and have no plans on going anywhere. I installed them on Morbid's car last night and didn't get any pictures unfortunately as it was kind of late. I had to be home by 10pm, my wife set a curfew. They were 4300's very bright, no flicker on start up.

Sure. Never installed HIDs no do I know squat about them. I just want a nice white light. Anything that can put out more than the craptastic low beams.

Todd - they are plug and play. One wire to the battery, one to the ground, and a pig tail that plugs directly in to the factory harness for the relay. There is one other line that runs to the second ballast from the relay to turn it on in tandem. The bulbs fit into the factory openings for the stock bulbs. The only thing you need to figure out is where to put the ballasts.

My concern is will this wiring harness allow me to upgrade to projectors down the road by using an adapter, or will I have to splice into it.

My concern is will this wiring harness allow me to upgrade to projectors down the road by using an adapter, or will I have to splice into it.

If you upgrade to projectors, you would only need to buy new bulbs for the projectors (D2S, IIRC). AFAIK, HID bulbs share the same plug to the ballast. It's only the shape of the bulb's base (9006, H3, etc.) that differ.

HTH.

Very interested but would like to see pics if possible as well. Also how long will this price be available? Is there a deadline?

Muntus - as stated it's a matter of bulb size. I can get you what you need if you upgrade.

LilCe - As of now, there is no deadline set for the end of this buy. There will be advance notice of the buy ending.

I've contacted Morbid and I'll be getting some pictures on his Contour this weekend. There are other cars posted on the website under gallery that can be seen.

This buy is welcome to Cougars and Focus as well.

You can get HID kits from China, which if these are "store brand" is likely where theyre from, for less than $100 + shipping. Not to ruin this deal for your friend, and if they are not the chinese made ones than ignore this, but just thought everyone would like to know. Of course you assume many ricks in dealing with foreign companies including the chance of fraud, but for those familiar with due dilligence and how to trade overseas safely, its a good way to save some $$.

Last edited:
You're right I've seen the $100 kits, which usually don't come with a wiring harness and you forget $60 shipping and if something breaks you have no recourse but to ship back to China.
These sets are in fact manufactured in China, I won't BS anyone. My friend Cliff, who runs mobilehid has ordered in 5 different sets from China, Phillips kits and a few others. These were the best.

Im sure if you post this on NECO you will get some more people, im thinking about a set myself also.

There is obviously enough interested parties pending pictures so the webpage is being created. I have also just found out that there are HID replacements for the 893 fog lights that can be ordered. They aren't in stock yet but it's possible.

I'm probably in for 2 sets if we can get this show on the road. I'm waiting on too much stuff already. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back