• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How long has your motor lasted?

bhiggs89

Veteran CEG'er
How long has your motor lasted with the turbo, could be the stock 2.5, or a fully built 3L. My car just went over 95,000 today, which means its got right around 25-26K with the turbo on the stock motor. Has anyone had more mileage with there stock motor?

I know Rawburt's and 2KSVT both had higher mileage when they intsalled the turbo, but I'm not sure how long the motors lasted.

We can start a list if you would like, it might make it easier for people to get a better understanding about how long to expect their motors to last.

#/Year/Actual Miles/Turbo Miles/2.5 or 3L

1. 2000/95,012/25-26,000/Stock 2.5

Good thread. As ppl post their mileage, pls also note if there were some problems associated with it. Extraordinary/unique circumstances that may have existed. That'd give a clearer & more accurate picture. So with that said, i'm on my 3rd motor in 3yrs with my turbo on my 98svt.

1) 1998 / Started @ 160,000 / 50miles / stock 2.5 (8psi. popped a pcv vent, went lean, & toasted a piston)
2) Same car / 7,000miles / stock 3.0 (12psi all the time. rod knock. piston was disintegrating as well)
3) Same car / 3,000miles / stock 3.0 (8-10 psi. still running strong)

I need to add that i lived in vegas the whole time. temperatures in the summer are regularly in the 105-115degF. Want my opinion? No one should turbo these cars if u're looking for longevity.

yes it is .... but I believe I slightly miss-understood the point of the thread. i just took it as a summary of miles on a turbo engine. mine is still running fine although I wonder sometimes.

1998/165k miles on frame/0miles on motor & turbo :laugh:/Forged 3L built for boost, it will last.

Yes I know this post was worthless, but couldn't resist.

Back