• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check - Pre98 Center Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were pre 98's that came with tan consoles that match 99+ interiors without painting.

and extremely hard to find, LOL I have 8 center consoles, none of which are tan, and the only tan one I seen at the yards was destroyed (was sad)

OK Guys... I have 8 total center consoles. 4 have been paid for and will be painted this weekend and shipped out. If anyone else wants one of these, please get at me and paypal by tomorrow to be shipped out this weekend... otherwise, I will be taking them home with me to Atlanta, and painting them.

For those curious about PT, the paint will be getting mixed tomorrow for both colors. The PPG place here in town is also going to see if they can get a closer match to MNB as well as the PT. Ill post pictures of my PT center console tomorrow so people can see them.

So since the list that was made is already everyone that wants in still and has paid, (for MNB) if anyone else is interested, please make a new list!

Kyle

1. 99RedSVT (depending on Tan matching)

so the pre 98 consoles dont have cupholders? i'm interested but that would be a deal killer

They have pop-out holders on the passenger side of the e-brake. There are both single and double holders.

The PPG place here in town is also going to see if they can get a closer match to MNB as well as the PT.

Let me know how the attempt to get a closer match on PPG Alchemy Blue (MNB) turns out. If they succeed, be sure to get the improved formula and publish it here for all!

If only we could get the MNB formula in leather dye for replacement steering wheels. Would give us the option of grabing a 99-00 Cougar steering wheel, dying it, and maintaing a factory OEM look (using a much nicer wheel thats better made).

They have pop-out holders on the passenger side of the e-brake. There are both single and double holders.
yeah, but they all suck. the double cup holders are only good 12oz cans and the large single cup holder is too shallow to really hold anything and has become known as the "cup spiller".

yeah, but they all suck. the double cup holders are only good 12oz cans and the large single cup holder is too shallow to really hold anything and has become known as the "cup spiller".

Ive never had a problem with any cups spilling when I had the one large one... medium drinks from mcdonalds, even red bulls didnt spill, so dont drive like a maniac and you'll be fine!

Kyle

For the 4 of you that paid...

I got the paint today, perfect matches to MNB and PT. But, the guy who mixed it told me to give it at least 4 days to cure before I ship them out. I do NOT want to do a rush job and then leave it to my wife to package and ship these, so I am hoping that its cool if these get done back in GA with me, so I can take my time and make sure they turn out perfect and have no issues with shipping them... if this is a problem, just let me know, and Ill paint it, and ship it on saturday, and its on you if any of the paint comes off with the bubble wrap...

Please let me know either way!

Kyle

how tough are these to install? also, would i have any problems with my aftermarket headunit fitting or is that the same size as the post-98's?

how tough are these to install? also, would i have any problems with my aftermarket headunit fitting or is that the same size as the post-98's?

they are very easy to install... and the HU's will be the same size; sngle din!

they are very easy to install... and the HU's will be the same size; sngle din!

you are making this really hard on me. i really want to be a responsible spender but theese look so hot. y couldnt you have just said that they take hours to install and my headunit won't fit? dam you. decisions, decisions

Ive never had a problem with any cups spilling when I had the one large one... medium drinks from mcdonalds, even red bulls didnt spill, so dont drive like a maniac and you'll be fine!

Kyle

They become "cup spillers" over the years as they wear down the plastic that keeps them locked in the open position. I had a used single large cup holder that always tilted like it was trying to close. When I took corners I had to make sure I held the cup to keep it from turning on it's side.

I later bought a brand new cupholder and it locks very tight. As long as the cup fits in the opening, I never have to worry about it spilling now. To keep it that way, I try to avoid opening and closing the cupholder unless I really need it.

It's a poor design to have them wear down like that but brand new, they work great.

I later bought a brand new cupholder and it locks very tight. As long as the cup fits in the opening, I never have to worry about it spilling now. To keep it that way, I try to avoid opening and closing the cupholder unless I really need it.

It's a poor design to have them wear down like that but brand new, they work great.

You bought a Cougar cupholder, not a Contour one... correct? Do you have a part number?

You bought a Cougar cupholder, not a Contour one... correct? Do you have a part number?

No, I used a Contour cupholder.

Contour
F7RZ-5413562-AAA List $82.94 Team Ford $68.91 (holder)
F7RZ-54061A16-AAA List $16.67 Team Ford $12.40 (bezel)

Mystique
F8RZ-6313562-BAA List $56.05 Team Ford $41.70 (holder)
F8RZ-54061A16-BAA List $16.13 Team Ford $12.00 (bezel)

Part numbers are for the updated single large cupholder ONLY. Combined between Pre-98 Contours and Pre-98 Mystiques there are 6 different cupholders and 6 bezels. Anyone who says Mystique and Contour cupholders are the same, is wrong. The fitment is not right if you use the cupholder from the other car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back