• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

July Meet

The brake swap went all right. It is partly chopped, and not fully done. The more and more I delve into the Contour the more and more I find inconsistencies with different vehicles! For some reason my drum brakes didn't come with pressure reducer valves (slightly confused by this) and it made for an *interesting* temporary brake line routing, which will be addressed on Monday morning. Also, I will be ordering new e-brake cables from Bill Jenkins on Monday, and will see what I can do about replacing those...Gotta drop the exhaust to do that.

Ian check at the brake resivior as I think your pressure reducer vavles are located there and not at the end of the drum brake lines.

oh and brian you were right about that xcal issue, it does only upload the stock tune the first time you use it.

What about me? :cry:
J/K!!

It was a great meet, good to see some of you again and also meet new faces. Sorry freddy for being a little too forceful with the introduction, I'm like that sometimes.
Thanks Jess for organizing and turbo_fox for hosting! I wish I could have stuck around longer. Hope Ian's brake conversion went ok!

Sorry I didn't get to see you Skunk! We'll have to meet up again sometime.

I'll see you soon I hope Matt you late basted, I was hoping to catch you and check out the need ride. I woke up and looked at the time and figured I would throw some clothes on jump in the tour and shoot over to catch who I could before I had to shower and head to my parents. It was nice that I live only 5min from the meet. nice to see some new faces, I'm with Kim the new face of ceg, I feel old also :shrug: :laugh: damn even my tour which got modded in the early days(2002ish) when you could by the svt body parts from ford :rolleyes: hasn't been modded in years. Oh well I'm still here to have fun...hope everyone had a good time. I got home late and got cought in freaken rain to boot first time the tour has seen rain in years, almost melted it did :blackeye::laugh:.

BRIAN! I HATE YOU! I thought you were taking pictures! That was so bad I thought I had it the second time, lol! You're a MFER!

Here's just two of the ~9 I decided to save. I'll have the rest up soon:cool:

ceg22.jpg

ceg12.jpg

Both at Picadilly Pub. I'd like to once again thank everyone for showing us such a great time!:cool:

And since Marissa can't get on much, she wanted me to say that she had a blast, and to excuse her quietness. She's a shy girl, and was also very tired:blackeye:

You took those pics while Freddy and I were still stuck at that stupid light waiting to turn into the parking lot :mad: :mad:

Back