• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just came back from the strip...

96BlackSE

CEG'er
Well, just got home from the drag strip...

Ran a 13.5 @ 104 on the first run right after I pull up to the strip after a 200km drive...

Second run, I couldn't hook up...

Third run I let the car cool down for 40 minutes. In the meantime pulled the drivers side headlight so I can get some more air into the engine bay, get ready to do my little burnout and 'snap' the drivers side axle went :facepalm:
I think it was due to the previous run where I had quite the wheelhops for a while but oh well...

Anyhow could of done better the first run was with a 2.27 60 foot which you can see from the vid wasn't the greatest launch, I was just trying to see how sticky the track is...

Either way I got the 13 second slip so I am quite happy... If the track is open and I can make it up there next week I'll go for some better numbers if not more to come next season ;)

Here is my setup...
1996 Contour
2004 Escape engine (stock long block, no headwork, no adapter plates here)
ST220 Upper intake
SVT cams
MSDS headers
True duals

Here is the vid YouTube - 1996 Ford Contour 1/4 Mile 3L swap

Enjoy! I'll post the slip etc tommorow...

P.S. OVAL PORTS FTMFW!!! :tongue:

Oval Port > Split Ports.

Nice numbers, lets see your split port with similar mods run the same times :blackeye::shocked::laugh::eek::drool::blackeye::eek:

Here are some pictures from today.

Awesome! I'd say you got the 13 second slip and then some. You're trapping as high as my 3L Turbo 96 SE. :blackeye: Shows how much traction I got.

Time to update the sig and time to get that thing on a dyno. ;) I want to know what kind of numbers you are putting down.

Last edited:
I have searched a little bit, but WTF is so special about the ST220 UIM? I know it is metal, but that is all I know.

It has a much larger plenum volume (amongst a few other things) than the SVT intakes do, which makes it much better for the guys running a 3L. I believe the Escape 3L uim is about the closest to it that you can find in the states...

It has a much larger plenum volume (amongst a few other things) than the SVT intakes do, which makes it much better for the guys running a 3L. I believe the Escape 3L uim is about the closest to it that you can find in the states...

There are a couple of other stuff, but what you've said is true.

3L NA!? wow. good job. with those mods, u're probably putting down about ~235hp to the wheels. on drag radials, it should be drama-free all the way. i'll head back to the tracks in a week or two. with the addition of my BC, tires, and exhaust, no reason i shouldnt be in the 13s.

It's too bad that driveshaft broke... I bet with a good 2.1 or 2.0x launch he'd be low 13's....

They say roughly .1 off your 60' is worth .2 down the track so I'd say 13.1-13.2 should be feasible with a good launch.

Nice run man!!!!

Wow talk about demon having competition!!! Even though he is probably running a few ponies behind you. Hats off to you man. Even demon broke his axle after his 13.4 run!!

Oh, can you tell me about your true duals? Cats, resonators, mufflers?

You sure? This car is capable of a low 13 pass pretty easly...

Please do show me a split port engine with minimal mods as this car with the same time slips.

but thats not a minimal mod list tho. he's done pretty much the largest power adder mods to our platform without the benefit of FI. in all honestly, i cant think of anyone in that time range except demon.

Back