• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Liquid Ice

If your referring to the wax they offer, it could be the worst wax ever offered. I think baby oil could be pretty comparable to Turtle Wax Ice. Someone posted some pictures in the old forums of what the car looked like after 5 days, but unfortunately the pics dont work anymore. Imagine a car where it has huge spots on the hood where the clearcoat is fading. Thats essentially what it looked like because the 'wax' had essentially evaporated. Like I said, baby oil should be pretty comparable. It would probably give the same effect after a few days.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid he was referring to. I was fool enough to try their liquid clay bar last summer. :nonono: Absolutely USELESS. Didn't make my car look any better AND I still had to buff the whole thing afterwards from the residue it left.

lol glad I saw this I almost bought some today, anyone got any good recommendations especially for a black car?

Not Turtle Wax whatever you do. People here seem to recommend Meguiars. I think that Walmart and Meijers sell their clay bar kit.

nonsense i am the black master.

wash only when it rains. water blade FTW
spray detail once a day and microfiber. i simply spray one spray and wipe the dust per panel.

claybar as needed, mequiars #7 show car glaze, mequiars #26 yellow carnuaba after. i do this every 2 weeks. takes about 2 hours.

you may have to wheel out any monster scratchs but this is the recipe to success.

who has seen my car and ever been dissappointed with its finish? :)

Not Turtle Wax whatever you do. People here seem to recommend Meguiars. I think that Walmart and Meijers sell their clay bar kit.

yes meguiars makes some nice products but zaino also come shighly recommended ... I was sold before when I used it on my blue car, but when I used it on my black car :drool:, ask those at SZ. I had a few tell me I should of gone for best paint ...

I got some zaino, but honestly I don't like it. and the water blades FTMFL! I hate those things with a passion, I only use genuine chamois's to dry my car.

I have to say I've recently become a fan of Eagleone Nano Wax. Its mildly expensive but it works VERY well, especially on black. There is no white powder crap, you can get it on your moldings etc... It dries very fast and is one of the easiest waxes to apply and wipe off.

I will check later, one is a black bottle from a couple years ago, probably the z1, it a polish and scratch remover, then I got another bottle that is clear with a white label on the front not sure what that was?

yes meguiars makes some nice products but zaino also come shighly recommended ... I was sold before when I used it on my blue car, but when I used it on my black car :drool:, ask those at SZ. I had a few tell me I should of gone for best paint ...

gotta agree with brapple, and because Zaino now has the ZFX additive which speeds up the drying process of their wax, their $100 wax kit is entirely worth it, plus zaino lasts about 6 months, so you really only need to wax your car twice a year, and just use their quick detailer between washes.

But if you are looking for something quick and inexpensive, Meguiars has a 3 step system that is super easy to apply, and shines up really.

I suggest going to any local auto store, getting a claybar and the meguiars 3 step wax system.

Couple hours of your time, but you will love the way the car shines.

and to be a whore...

What I used:
102_0649.jpg

DSC_0387Large.jpg

couple of days after at a meet. Keep in mind that car's paint had 170K miles on it, and the last owner lived on a dirt road.

yah I use to use the 3 step process on my cars all the time. my buddies would laugh and mock me because they thought it was stupid to need to use 3 different products on my car. little did they know.

yah I use to use the 3 step process on my cars all the time. my buddies would laugh and mock me because they thought it was stupid to need to use 3 different products on my car. little did they know.

yeah, check out the zaino kit with ZFX (same kit I had in the picture)

its awesome, and to use every product takes about 2-3 hours of your time, which realistically, on a really nice day, is totally worth it to spend that time outside with your favorite beverage :)

because it is very hard to use in small edges and other spots on the car. when used properly a chamois is the best thing to use to dry cars with, period.

understandable, i just let the vehicle dry and then spray detail and microfiber it. i really only wash it when it rains anyway. i find it easy to use on my smooth cougar :)

Back