• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a ride to SZ11

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Just putting this out there to see what my options are as I doubt my car is going to be ready since winter has been holding on longer then I had expected this year. I've got all my engine parts for the most part now, but by the time the car is painted and tuned... I think SZ11 will have gone and past.

You better take this thread down :mad: - don't you even think about it.

Would you drive EGPLNT to SZ (because I can't) and represent it as it should be?

PS, I'm not really kidding either. Hit me up if you would consider it.

You better take this thread down :mad: - don't you even think about it.

Would you drive EGPLNT to SZ (because I can't) and represent it as it should be?

PS, I'm not really kidding either. Hit me up if you would consider it.

Mike you ok :drool:? :laugh:

Ah you make me smile Joe. It's going to be damn close. I just don't want to register and then not go/not have a ride. The weather is warming up and I'm getting ready to order paint. If the car gets paint on it I'll assembly the powertrain and drop it in. I won't drive it, but I will tow it there. However if that doesn't happen (time is running out) I would be more then honored to drive your car to SZ11 if you trust me with it. I can just see it now though... I'd be driving it like a grandma because I'd be so scared of something happening to it.

No need to be scared - just keep me informed and I would be honored if you decided to take it. I would have to spend about an hour with you to teach you all the quirks :laugh:. Let me know what you decide to do.

No need to be scared - just keep me informed and I would be honored if you decided to take it. I would have to spend about an hour with you to teach you all the quirks :laugh:. Let me know what you decide to do.

Will do Joe. I stopped at HeadWerks today and looks like everything is good to go with my heads, the guy was saying he didn't think anything wrong with the journals and only suggested I take a gray scotch-brite pad and take a couple of swipes on the one journal to take off an edge. So I'm basically good to go to assembly my engine. So basically if I can get my car painted by the end of the month, I'm going to trailer it to SZ11. With or without the engine. However as I mentioned if that doesn't pan out I'd consider driving your car and look forward to hearing about the quirks :laugh:

Back