• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looks great sounds like crap.....

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
Well i got the visual mods done......now motor trouble shooting.

ri90lf.jpg

15sadmr.jpg

2e3xyf4.jpg

Is the noise getting worse? Thats got to be resolved quickly :nonono: ...... then again your car will look nice sitting in the driveway.....:laugh:

Is the noise getting worse? Thats got to be resolved quickly :nonono: ...... then again your car will look nice sitting in the driveway.....:laugh:

Its not the ticking noise from the intake manifold area, at least i do not think so. It is coming from the driver side of the motor. Im hoping tensioner/acc pulley. Sounds like a clicking upon acceleration, no noise on deceleration or at idle. It is noticeable reving at idle but more so in any gear at any rpm with any sort of gas input. Very odd.

. It is coming from the driver side of the motor. Im hoping tensioner/acc pulley. Sounds like a clicking upon acceleration, no noise on deceleration or at idle. It is noticeable reving at idle but more so in any gear at any rpm with any sort of gas input. Very odd.

Aren't all of the pulleys and such on the passenger side of the engine?

Don't forget the water pump, belt and tensioner are on the driver's side.

This is starting to sound like an exhaust leak. Noise on acceleration, not deceleration or idle...hmmm. Wish I still lived down there. Check those headers and various exhaust connections.

Don't forget the water pump, belt and tensioner are on the driver's side.

This is starting to sound like an exhaust leak. Noise on acceleration, not deceleration or idle...hmmm. Wish I still lived down there. Check those headers and various exhaust connections.

Very interesting, the header bolts have only had 2k miles on them. I wonder if a smoke machine would work testing the exhaust for a leak? I did another test today when i give it just enough gas to run and slowly creep through the RPM's the noise is not heard. Either in gear or neutral. Any yes its a pain with 2 belts and sets of pulleys to know what direction to go. With the alt going i would think it could be related, since i started hearing the noise a 2 weeks or so after the alternator noise.

I've heard there are some issues with the type/brand of headder gaskets to use on our cars...... some don't work.

I have heard that also. And i supplied the correct fel pro to the shop and they opted to use the MADS supplied crap. I will be making a call here shortly, im not to happy giving them 1300 and now dealing with this. SHOTWELL hit it on the head without even hearing it,lol I took it to my STANG guy who did the beefed up mounts and he said for sure it was a front header leak.

On another note i had my buddy at jiffy lube do my oil, i had him throw in a K&N oil filter and 6 quarts of mobile 1. Anyway when he touched the oil filter it was loose!!!!!!! Another thing the ''shop did'' when doing my headers!!!!!

That Shotwell what an ear he's got......... LOL

Let's hope that shop will be square with you and swap the gaskets...... I'd have to be there watching they didn't just do the front one ..... :nonono:

Im terrible at writing letters but i am so upset i would rather email first so i dont start running my mouth due to frustration, that can easily happen on the phone and in person. Here is the email i sent. I hope it is not to judging.

Hi Amber, its troy with the silver svt contour. I never did get around to sending you an email about doing the pillar pod and gauges. I got wrapped up in the mustang mods. Im almost done with a beefed up T-5 swap with fidanza alum flywheel, centerforce dual friction, FRPP driveshaft and a pro 5.0 shifter. I also got a roll cage being its a vert. Anyway im back at the mods with the contour. I had my sway bar mounts beefed up with custom brackets and upgraded end links. Got a full BAT suspension kit installed, struts/springs. Did the custom mesh on the bumpers, and had a carbonfiber hood and trunk slapped on. It is looking very sharp. I still need the gauges done but i have some questions/issues with having my car in your shop again. I am not the happiest in the simple things that were overlooked. As you know it started with a simple maf tube not getting hooked back up, again no big deal on that. I figured it out and no more codes. Then i had a look at my sway bar and the mounts were ripped off all the way. I had asked for it to be inspected and was assured nothing was wrong. I did not hurt anything but i would have loved to know. Im sure you agree. Im sorry to be a pain but the hits just keep on. I had the oil done the other day and the oil filter was so loose it could have fallen off, I almost went to the jiffy lube store but realized they had not done my oil filter. It was removed for the header install. I could have lost my engine block from that. Again as you can imagine that was very unsettling. So after all that now my front header is leaking, it has only been 2k miles since install. I know how header bolts back off, and you did advise me to come back in to have the bolts tightened after around 10k miles. I just hope it is not the exhaust gaskets. I still have the fellpro gaskets i advised to be used having heard bad things about the ones that came with the headers. My car looks great but sounds like a junker, its very frustrating. My alt is almost dead so maybe i can have you guys do that up so i can run my dang radar and stereo, but my primary concern is the header leak. So i guess im asking if your shop will tighten down and make sure nothing is overlooked on the next job (alternator), if so shoot me a quote with or with out parts, the car only likes OEM ford alts. Please no overseas re-man junk. And that you do me right by, fixing the headers, at no charge to me. Im sure this will be no problem but i have to ask. And believe me i hate to be a gripe gripe buthead, at the same time i spend good money and expect the best when i pay top dollar. Feel free to return this email or to call, 555-555-5555. Yes its late, dont ask haha As you can imagine with my odd hours i can be reached after 12 noon. Or if its easier for me to call you just let me know. I know how busy you must be. Thank you for you time reading this rant. I hope to work this out.
----- Original Message -----

that doesnt sound too bad to me......... If you spend decent money with them it is the least they can do for yout imo

The only thing wrong with this is the way you set yourself up..... see you are asking for a quote on doing your alt before you get your headder gasket fixed. They can just hide cost in the alt quote. Then again I don't think I'd take my car back to them ever after I got the headder bolts tightened. They almost fried your engine!

Just my thought on it,

AF

The only thing wrong with this is the way you set yourself up..... see you are asking for a quote on doing your alt before you get your headder gasket fixed. They can just hide cost in the alt quote. Then again I don't think I'd take my car back to them ever after I got the headder bolts tightened. They almost fried your engine!

Just my thought on it,

AF

Very true. Im just wanting to have faith in people, these guys work on some amazing cars, they overlooked alot of little things that even a small shop should have gotten right, true. If my motor had gone i would prob had to take them to court. Maybe they had an off day? Maybe it was a full moon? If they do fix the headers and do anything else, i will be on them so close and if they make one mistake i will turn into, well lets just say it would be a nightmare for all. Im very lost here! QUICKNDRTY where u at!!!! I would rather you do the pillar pod! As far as hiding the cost in the alt job, i have a solid quote from ABE on hawthorn, so i will know if they are trying to poke me.

For an alternator install? Wow, that's a lot. I'm getting good at this alternator thing. Maybe I could give you a hand with it next time I come down.

Back