• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lowering springs

if you want to try and save money on the mounts you can look under the hood. Where the strut bolt comes through the fender look to see if there is a gap between the black washer looking piece and the fender. If there is no gap the they are still holding up but you cant really tell for how long.

Oh i think ima do that now actually. I'm really bored and tired of waiting for my feakin lights from autolumination. I paid for the 1-3 day thing and am angry at them if they don't come tomorrow i will call them and let them have a piece of my mind. My day is allready bad there just adding to it =/

Whoa, there shot i have close to a inch of clearance between the boot and the tower. That's stupid mounts every 130k miles??

Oh i think ima do that now actually. I'm really bored and tired of waiting for my feakin lights from autolumination. I paid for the 1-3 day thing and am angry at them if they don't come tomorrow i will call them and let them have a piece of my mind. My day is allready bad there just adding to it =/
with 129K miles chances are the mounts are shot (mine were gone at 100K).

as for autolumination, its 1-3 business days so if you paid for them Friday then they probably didnt ship till either late friday or today.

yeah i waited until i got my tax refund to buy mine. If you do buy new mounts dont skip the bearings for the front. They are fairly cheap and saves from some evil noises in the front later.

That's probably what i will do is wait for my tax return next year =/. And i will replace the bearings there not noisy yet but i know what they sound like when there going bad. that's how i toasted my van the wheel locked up doing about 110mph and it flipped. That brings up bad memory's.

I was talking about the bearing that goes on top of the strut mount. Although I did replace my wheel bearings while i had the hubs off.

Oh, i did not know there were bearings on the strut mounts? I have never seen them. Or have and just can't think of it

Yes there are bearings. They fit snug under the mount and sit on top of the retaining plate on the top of the strut and spring assembly.

For springs, I've heard good things about Intrax springs. Heck, if you wanted to you can mate them with KYB struts. I've heard of a couple Cougars running that setup without much issue.

Please keep a few things in mind while shopping. Pre98 struts, springs, struts mounts, strut mount bearings, can be used on a 98+ as well, as long as they are ALL matched together. Do not mis-match these.

I suggest using rockauto.com if you wish to purchase KYB, Monroe, etc, struts. Also shop there for strut mounts, and strut mount bearings. Good prices there. Heard good things about Spicer mounts. I picked up some when I did my suspension.

Also, here are a couple links on some killer deals on springs:

Eibach Pro Kit - 98+
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1275

Intrax - Pre98
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/inlosp19foco.html?dpi=729534

You can do the rest of the shopping yourself :p

Back