• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mmmmmmmm T-Green goodness

I had the most trouble with the cutting compound, not sure why, but that took forever to get off the car. I'm guessing I didn't work the product long enough to break it down.

The car turned out nice! Glad you liked the products. For M105, a little goes a long way. The first time I used it I had a hard time removing it as well. The second time, however, the product wiped off w/ just one swipe. Misting the pad seems to make things more difficult as well. Do you have any over head sun shots? Those are the shots that really show off the final product.:cool:

Alright, well have all that work on my way to the Hooters meet this afternoon, got rear ended at a stoplight, the guy kept creeping up on me and them boom:mad:. Luckily not too bad (not like the bumper was perfect anyway), of course, uninsured and doesn't speak English! Oh well. Oh and it looks like it may have pushed my pass. tailpipe in a bit, but not sure it was out as far as the drivers side before anyway:shrug:

Here we go, couple paint scuffs\scratches, a small dimple and about a 2 in crack. It's hard to see in the pictures, to much reflection, guess I just need to keep the car dirtier:laugh:

00ContourSVTrearenddamage01.jpg

00ContourSVTrearenddamage02.jpg

00ContourSVTrearenddamage03.jpg

wtf take him and his 20 roommates money for a weeks pay and then deport the bastard! man i feel for ya. that had to be a sick feeling:cry:

wtf take him and his 20 roommates money for a weeks pay and then deport the bastard! man i feel for ya. that had to be a sick feeling:cry:

When I first got out of the car I was envisioning the worse, but glad to see the minimal that was done.. But hopefully it's not too bad, don't believe a full replacement will be needed. I emailed the pictures to a body shop in Des Moines I trust and that worked on my 95 GL, I'll see what they come back with. Will be getting estimates from some places around here. At least the guy could read English, so that helped, and he gave me his license and all his info. He seemed very concerned and willing to pay, kept asking how much. Hell if I knew right then and there.

Some good news. Got a quote back from the body shop I sent the pics to, $400 includes the following

Grind out
repair using a bonding adhesive
respray entire bumper

Guarunteed for life

I'm going to see how much extra to have the front bumper resprayed also. Might as well get it lookin good to!

you need to get a zetec for a dd so that SVT can stay in the garage.

thats :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty luck but at least it is an easy fix.

you need to get a zetec for a dd so that SVT can stay in the garage.

thats :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty luck but at least it is an easy fix.

No kidding on both accounts!! I loved my 95 Zetec, but the wifey won't le me get another one. She just doesn't understand:nonono:. Oh well, like I said it's now a good excuse to hopefully get the front end re-sprayed also since it will already be at the shop, and no more scratches in the back bumper:cool:

atleast you got some decent news out of this.

No kidding, although a few people think I'm nuts for taking the car to a shop that's a solid 4hrs away, but I gotta take my baby to people I know and trust right?..

No kidding, although a few people think I'm nuts for taking the car to a shop that's a solid 4hrs away, but I gotta take my baby to people I know and trust right?..
Oh i hear ya man, my truck is at a little shop in the country cause i know they do good work and they know the wifes family. I keep getting asked why i didnt take it in to knoxville...

Oh i hear ya man, my truck is at a little shop in the country cause i know they do good work and they know the wifes family. I keep getting asked why i didnt take it in to knoxville...

They put my Champagne 95 back together so well you never knew it was it. Back pass corner clipped, hole in bumper (I'm seeing a disturbing pattern of my 'Tours getting hit in the back bumper). There's a big long story associated with it, but in the end the shop took care of a problem that wasn't really theirs to begin with.

If anyone is curious where I'm taking it (especially those in Central IA) here's the link.

www.scottysbodyshop.com

Car is goes in on the 31st for repairs! Having the front bumper done also for another $275. I'm going to also have them do the front plate bracket, perhaps it won't be so ugly then:shrug:

Car is goes in on the 31st for repairs! Having the front bumper done also for another $275. I'm going to also have them do the front plate bracket, perhaps it won't be so ugly then:shrug:

yes a member has done that before. it wasn't to bad. I would just ditch the front plate all together.

i second that motion. have them fill the bracket holes and find a new mounting point or drop it all the way front plates FTL

yes a member has done that before. it wasn't to bad. I would just ditch the front plate all together.

i second that motion. have them fill the bracket holes and find a new mounting point or drop it all the way front plates FTL

I hate it, but gotta have it, and I'm ok with the location, the plate itself doesn't bother, I just want the bracket to blend better.

I saw pic of someone that had it mounted on the backside of the pass side visor and you just flip it down while driving. It was perfectly visible!

that or make up a bracket to mount to the bottom side of the bumper in front of the lower grill ...

btw we are suppose to have them here in ct also ... no :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing way in hell I am putting holes in the front bumper of my svt for a plate and the SeVT front bumper already had the plate holes filled so I am not about to drill holes in that one either ....

another good reason to have a beater :laugh:

Back