• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 2000 CSVT

I had mixed feelings about that. I was told not to, just spray and be done. And then I was told to wet-sand and clear them. What grit for wet-sanding would you recommend?

Has anyone on here ever done fiberglassing for a sub enclosure? I was thinking about taking my trunk piece out and fiberglassing around the mold. I was also told, that just using bondo and shaping it was pretty easy and can have similar results if sanded and painted. Any thought on this?

Has anyone on here ever done fiberglassing for a sub enclosure? I was thinking about taking my trunk piece out and fiberglassing around the mold. I was also told, that just using bondo and shaping it was pretty easy and can have similar results if sanded and painted. Any thought on this?

Bagged=FIBERGLASS KING

Pm him, nad he may hook you up. He's a really busy guy, though

Still waiting on the headlights. they have yet to be sent out. So will post pics up next week hopefully. that is when he said they should be here.

damn now i know why you want your lights so bad. they are gonna look good on the blacked out car:cool:

I've done some fiberglassed stuff, I'd say laying down some glass first would turn a better end result. It'll be a little bit more work and mess, but in the end I think it'd be worth it. Laying bondo down for the whole thing and shaping it would weight a lot more too.

Love the car by the way!

I've done some fiberglassed stuff, I'd say laying down some glass first would turn a better end result. It'll be a little bit more work and mess, but in the end I think it'd be worth it. Laying bondo down for the whole thing and shaping it would weight a lot more too.

Love the car by the way!

Thanks.

I would love to fiberglass the trunk. but Im not very familiar with it, and wouldnt wanna ruin inside my trunk ya know. But I guess it couldnt hurt to try.

Back